1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The FBI, a Dick Wolf show on a network other than NBC... Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeCC, Sep 27, 2018.

1. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Saw the pilot.

Underwhelmed. The story was routine, the dialog just okay, and something felt "off" to me.

Good production values, though, and the cast seemed more than capable. I loves me Missy Peregrym. Took me a moment to place the mother of the little boy killed in the apartment building blast: Melanie Nicholls-King. She played Noelle on Rookie Blue.

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I'm sure that this is just fine. It just seemed a lot like more of the network same--I ended up multi-tasking during it (perhaps causing a chicken/egg situation).

3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Watched it, was less than impressed, deleted the SP.

It was ok, but nothing really grabbed me. Another procedural without any compelling reason to watch.

Jon J likes this.
  4. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I liked it just OK. I like Missy. I sometimes want something to watch that's one hour and done where I don't have to worry about what happened the week before or what will happen the next week. I'll watch again next week.

stellie93 likes this.
  5. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Totally

May 8, 2006
    Spouse said it will not last, usually right on this one. "Another Dick Wolf saga." Has potential but the story and characters didn't mesh for the pilot.

6. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    Felt like a Rookie Blue reunion show with 2 of the main characters in the pilot.

7. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    I thought that, too, and then I also realized that I saw a lot of alums from Dick Wolf's OTHER shows: Connie Nielsen (L&O:SVU) James Chen (L&O:SVU) and of course Jeremy Sisto from the mothership L&O. All those actors had significant multiple episode appearances with Dick Wolf's shows. If we start checking off those actors would did a one or two ep guest shot on any of his shows, the list will get pretty damn long, I'm sure.

I'm wondering if CBS would let Wolf have the FBI exist in the same TV universe as his other shows, at least to the point of mentioning prior show characters...

8. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I'll probably just bank it until next summer.

9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I like the main character. I looked her up on imdb.. She seems so familiar, but none of the things (some of which I had seen) jumped out at me as "THAT'S what I know her from".

It was another entertaining procedural. That's not meant negatively. It's possible I could also bank it (lower priority show that I keep recording).

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    I thought the main character was the weak point, but it was OK. Worth keeping for now. Better than SWAT and other similar shows, IMO.

11. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    This will never replace the original series with Efram Zimbalist Jr.. Just another rehash of an older series.

DaveBogart likes this.
  12. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Oh my.

Methinks you are revealing your age. I saw that series, too, way back when... Now I yell at kids for getting on my lawn.

13. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
  14. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I thought it was OK. The female lead is pretty weak (oh someone else said that already!).

15. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Missy Pergrym is actually pretty good. She was very enjoyable in Rookie Blue. Pilot episodes are always a little weak, trying to establish the character and the actors getting a feel for who they are playing.

verdugan likes this.
  16. spartanstew

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    I didn't care for her in Rookie Blue either. She never shows range.

17. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    And I bet you hate kittens and kick puppies, too. :)

18. spartanstew

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    You're half right.

19. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    wait when did it premiere?

20. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Her acting seemed to show range when Sam got shot, and when she found out that the engagement ring from Luke wasn't actually hers (and that he had been cheating on her). Her relationship with her father was never wooden.