The Event "The Beginning of the End" OAD 5/16/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by robojerk, May 18, 2011.

1. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Not a bad episode considering what they've been shoving down at us..

Being a techie god myself, I did have to scream at the TV twice.
    Sean Walker hacking the NSA mainframe...

WTF is a PI? I think he meant IP. I like to think Sterling shook his head agreeing with how stupid Sean is.

Second time was when Simon was about to torture Dr Liu (asian chick) for her password on the computer.
    "You got a hacker with you Simon! He just hacked the NSA as easy as if he was playing solitaire"

I'm hoping the virus mutated enough to infect the V's. That way everyone dies in the season/series finale.

2. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Yeah "spoof the PI" had me rolling my eyes. My guess is that there was either a typo in the script or they don't want to tell hackers how to get into the NSA. :)

3. desaun

desaun Member

Mar 17, 2004
    One tech god to another it was good to know that I wasn't the only one to notice the "spoof the PI" thing. I mean seriously! Even 24 wasn't that bad with Chloe always "opening sockets". That was some incredibly bad writing if you ask me.

And really, any guy who can hack the NSA in under 2 minutes should be able to bypass a password just about any laptop...sheesh!!

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Jarvis needs to just shoot himself in the head.

5. HIHZia

HIHZia Mad Turk

Nov 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    The stupidest part for me was if you're creating a mutant strain of a virus in a hybrid, wouldn't you take more precautions in case it mutated to a strain that can kill you and not humans?

6. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I thought he meant VPN. He didn't completely hack the NSA computer. Sterling used a login he got from Peel.

7. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    He hacked the network enough to make it think the laptop was on the local network. This must have involved hacking the VPN, or getting root to one of the switches and changing how the trunk/VLan worked.

8. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I thought that he was going to Magnum for help.

Seriously, at this point, why is anyone expecting smart from this show?

9. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    The last several weeks of this show have been decent, with Sean and Leila separated and Leila getting minimal screen time. But now, just as it's getting exciting, they put Sean and Leila back together to let her suck the life out of the show? Ugh.

The stuff between Martinez, Jarvis and the First Lady was pretty good though.

10. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Actually, I thought the dynamic between Sean and Leila this week was good... that was a horrible situation, having to sit on opposite sides of the incredibly versatile plastic.

I felt the show handled it well: 30 seconds of angst and MOVE ON. ;)

11. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I liked how one of the aliens was a TSA agent. I bet he can infect lots of people by feeling them up at the checkpoint. :D

12. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Sean has the hottest women in America in love with him and he is still pining for Leila?

If Leila ran instead of staying with her dead dad the world would be safe from the bio-weapon. I say don't take any chances and put her out of her misery. Although, any race advanced enough to jump galaxies should be able to wipe us out without all the drama.

13. martinp13

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    TSA has blue shirts and not white shirts, right? I thought he was in some other airport function.

14. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    The shirt may have been the wrong color, but he clearly had a patch on the shoulder that said "TSA".

15. martinp13

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Understood. I was "watching" but not really watching.

Either the show ends as the aliens expect, with most/all of the human population dying, or something goes awry, and the aliens are the ones who die. They did bus-testing on the original virus, but no testing on the Leila-mutated strain. I bet that bites them in the ass (literally).

16. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    It looks like my prediction for the ending of the series might not be far off the mark.