The Equalizer, Knight Rider, now in HD on UHD (coming soon: Quantum Leap!)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Fool Me Twice, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Just a heads up. Stumbled onto this yesterday. Watched an episode of The Equalizer and am watching another now. Looks pretty good. It was originally shot in 35mm, so a transfer to 16:9 was possible. I think the show has held up pretty well, with realistic storylines and a lot of location shooting around NYC. I haven't noticed any real problems with the transfer yet: no lights or mikes poking into frame and no awkward framing [edit: okay, I've just seen some awkward framing,with three people pushed to the right side of the screen, but it's not terribly distracting]. Is this the first time an old series has been transferred to HD?

http://www.universalhd.com/Series/

2. WeBoat

WeBoat Member

Nov 6, 2002
    SWFL
    Hogan Hero's maybe?

3. edc

edc Active Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Houston
    Quantum Leap is now airing in High-Def on UHD. The framing is a little awkward, but not too bad. They also seem to have some "mini marathons" planned, and the pilot in a couple of weeks.

4. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up. They're showing the "Driving Mrs. Daisy" knock off episode right now. The framing is pretty bad. Too much lopped off the top.

5. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    The Equalizer, I totally forgot about that show. It was one of my favorites back in the day.

6. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    every wednesday night at 10 we ordered pizza and watched it...very cool. but I can't get the 119 so can't get the channel.

7. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Yeah, HDNET has Hogan's Heroes (I heard Mark Cuban is a big fan.) It looks execellent in HD. Real crisp and clear.

I saw Knight Rider the other day. It looks pretty good too, but in a 70s sort of way, with that kind of washed out color.