1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ellen Show

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jilter, Oct 13, 2018.

1. jilter

jilter Happy to be here.

Oct 4, 2002
    I can not believe the Lady Gaga ep was preempted for Kavanaugh. Not on On Demand. My searches are empty for the full ep. can someone please help me find this?

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I think it later was repeated, post the Congressional hearing. There are various clips from it on YouTube, as well as the Ellen show website (I don't know if this is everything).

Search (Ellen show Lady Gaga clips)

3. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    What the heck is this world coming to? A news story might be considered more important than Gaga? Or Ellen?

I hope they didn't preempt The View.

TIVO_GUY_HERE and mrdbdigital like this.
  4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    LMAO that you said that cuz, in my market, they did preempt The View that day. :D

Mikeguy likes this.
  5. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Yeah, I know, but, c'mon--do all the channels really need to preempt scheduled broadcasting for developing news that goes on for hours, event after event, rather than simply cover the events in the evening news? Isn't that what the evening news is for? As interesting as the Judge Kavanaugh hearing might be for some, 7 hours (a good part of it the senators)? Do I really need to be an eyewitness? I understand it for some matters, but there seems to be an epidemic. Do I really need to watch the president greet the prime minister of Uzubekispanibergistan in real time?

(I should add: I did watch the Judge Kavanaugh proceedings, from beginning to end, including commentary during breaks--and I had the migraine to prove it.)

And I might add: I tend to see more news information from "The View" than from many press conferences and coverages.

wmcbrine likes this.
  6. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I have Fridays off and sometimes I will have Ellen on in the background. This is my estimate of the actual content in 1 hr of the Ellen show.

Monologue: 4 minutes
    Dancing: 1 minute
    Actual Guest interviews: 5 minutes
    Previews of what is still to come on this episode of Ellen: 20 minutes
    Previews of what is coming up ahead on future episodes of Ellen: 10 minutes
    Commercials: 20 minutes

7. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    It's great when you have lots of recorded shows to get through. ;)

8. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I agree that Cspan does a wonderful job of covering such events as the hearing.

9. jilter

jilter Happy to be here.

Oct 4, 2002
    Thanks All for the assistance. I was fascinated and engaged by the hearings. I was just wondering how I could catch an episode I wanted to see. I assumed (foolishly) I would be able to view it somewhere and was surprised when I could not. Thank you again.

Mikeguy likes this.