The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - Rick Perry(Gov.TX)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Enrique, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Nov 9, 2010 #1 of 36
    Enrique

Enrique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2006

Advertisements

What did everyone think of the interview? First off I want to say I'm kinda jealous of the rest of the US. You got rid of your George W. Bush, we're still stuck with our cheap impersonation. I think this interview shows how much of an ass and embarrassment Rick Perry is to Texas.

It's a shame we're stuck with him for another four years.

2. Nov 9, 2010 #2 of 36
    Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    Disagreed.

3. Nov 9, 2010 #3 of 36
    ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I zoned out when Perry came on and then wondered-- why am I wasting electricity playing this? Then I deleted it and moved on to Colbert. I'm sorry I had to put the stress on the disk to record it in the first place.

4. Nov 9, 2010 #4 of 36
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    So you just throw out a political whine and state it like it's fact?

If he's an embarrassment to Texas, why did he beat White by over 600,000 votes? He had a 12% margin of victory, not even close.

The hottest metro areas in the US right now are what's called the Texaplex--Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Ant. We may be a national embarrassment, but people are moving here by the droves.

BTW, I've voted both for & against Perry at times, depending on who he's running against. And I don't come close to agreeing with him all the time. But even I can admit he's done a decent job leading us thru this recession.

5. Enrique

May 15, 2006

Advertisements

I asked what you thought and I answered, never said it was fact(Just what I thought).

Because Perry was/is a better politician then White(Career politician if you will).

Because people who move here understand(At least I hope) that Texans are different then people who are in our government(like the US).

I love my state and the city I live in, but I can't say the same for government here.

6. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I watched a couple of minutes, thought he was a clown and deleted the episode. I do that to a lot of the interviews.

7. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    While I don't agree with Perry's philosophy, I thought this was a typical Stewart vs. right leaning politician interview. Nothing more unusual than when he had Eric Cantor or any other conservative. So the interview didn't surprise me in the way it went. Perry said all the things about small government and being a Washington outsider and all that, while Stewart tried to make him look foolish. And yeah, Perry does remind me a LOT of GWB. Funny how he preaches Washington outsider, and how people get to Washington and change...and yet rumors persist that he might make a run at the Presidency in 2012. They all preach outsider, Obama, Perry, even GWB, and wind up being an insider when they get there. So I take this type of talk with a grain of salt.

8. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    At least you Lone Star guys didn't have to put up with Blago.

Try topping a guy whose governor impeachment trial vote in front of both houses of the state legislature was unanimous-1 for removing him from office - but that's just because he has a few political enemies. Then he gets convicted of one felony out of twelve counts, where the remaining eleven counts are ruled a mistrial, which proves he's totally innocent.

9. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The shame of it is, there's not a state in the country that doesn't have SOME elected official involved in something illegal. And why is that? It's because these officials can all be bought and sold, legally and illegally.

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Just ask Nucky Thompson. :)

11. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Hahahaha, so true. There's a book out now about the history of corruption in NJ.

12. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Did you forget a smilie in there? You do know that a mistrial proves nothing about innocence or guilt, right?

13. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Perry once called for Texas to separate from the Union and I told the Christian God that if this would happen I would go to church every Sunday and tithe. Shucks, it did not happen.

14. Enrique

May 15, 2006
    Pretty sure a lot of people have said the same thing about California. Look...I'll make you a deal, If you Secede when lindsay lohan is within your state and Perry is not in ours then I think that would be a win-win for the both of us.:p

15. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    You're right. Texas is an embarressment to the rest of the US.

Oh, and there is only one true UT. :D

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!

16. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yes, and it's just north of AZ.

;)

17. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    The first parts of each sentence are the facts, the second part is what Blago says on such TV shows as The Daily Show.

He was convicted of a felony. He is a convicted felon.

BTW, exactly one juror stubbornly refused to vote convict him on the other counts after a week and half of deliberation. Her attitude was that any pol would do what he did, which is what Blago says. One count was for as he said, "not getting f-in nothing" for appointing the replacement for Barack Obama's US senate seat.

Blago says that means the feds couldn't prove the case.

18. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I didn't see the interview, but Rick Perry is super worthless.

Fortunately the governor of texas does not have any power and does nothing.. So it really doesn't matter who it is.

I definitely think Perry plans to run for President, and I wish it would get squashed.

19. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    The best part of this episode was the montage of the various Fox News personalities parroting the "Obama's trip will cost $200 million a day" nonsense -- that's the kind of thing "The Daily Show" is great at.

20. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I think that Rachel Maddow pointed out that Fox parrots that you can't believe anything on mainstream media, but the source for the $200 million a day story was "I read it somewhere" and that was a good enough source for them. (The Drudge Report picked it up from the India Times who quoted an anonymous source in India)

I also love Glenn Beck's "By my calculation, that it's over $2 billion!" The "calculation" is $200 million a day x 10 days. :D