The Daily Show week of March 4

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by KDeFlane, Mar 4, 2019.

1. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley

Advertisements

Trevor Noah is taking the week off, it seems, because this week is full of clip-show "special" episodes. Most of them are being picked up by my SPass, except for Thursday, March 7, because Rovi doesn't realize an old title is being repurposed for a sequel: "You're Fired: In Memoriam Vol. 2: ..."

The full titles will probably never fit on screen:
    March 4 = "A Total Shutshow: A look back at the longest government shutdown in U.S. history"
    March 5 = "This Is U.S.: A look back at notable local news stories"
    March 6 = "The Russian Scandal: The Creme de la Kremlin III"
    March 7 = "You're Fired: In Memoriam Vol. 2: A look at another round of Trump appointees who either resigned or were fired"

(doh! fixed the days of the week, hope it was obvious)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Speaking of Comedy Central. What does your guide show for 3/11/19 1am Eastern. I have a WL for CC Programming and it lit up last week.

Issue: movie start time is 11pm 3/10 and 11:05 on different guides. This is confusing the guide.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  3. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks for the heads up. I just deleted the Mon thru Wed recordings scheduled and mine also shows the same thing on Thurs, so it wasn't scheduled to record.

Joe - for 3/11 at 1am I show CC Prog for a ten minute spot, then South Park until 4:25 Mon am.

4. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Thursday was flagged as a repeat. NOTE: all four episodes show an end time of 11:31pm. The normal end time was adjusted by TiVo to 11:36pm a few months ago. Some padding may be needed. The following week also has an end time of 11:31pm but may be corrected.

5. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV

Advertisements

Yeah, I increased the padding on my Pass a while back. :)

6. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Re: Week beginning Monday 4/15/19:

Oddly, I show that for each day of next week (M-Th) the TDS episode running is the very first one of Trevor Noah's new TDS (OAD 9/28/15). Each of the four days - same episode.

I guess we can assume that the show is on hiatus next week (?). Or - Rovi o_O

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I'd say hiatus. I've seen this before. Gracenote agrees.

8. chiguy50

chiguy50 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    There is a reason for the show's absence. Just as it happens every year about this time:

[​IMG]

9. yawitz

yawitz Member

Apr 2, 2007
    For those that haven't seen this yet, a good source of late night lineup info is on the Late Night Lineups Page.