The Daily Show 9/10/18

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by JoeKustra, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Sep 9, 2018 #1 of 29
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

After today's update it has been changed to Comedy Central Programming. Again.

mattack likes this.
  2. Sep 9, 2018 #2 of 29
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks, Joe. How lovely - once again. *sigh*

Mine doesn't update for today until just after 2pm so I'll have to keep an eye out. SSDD. Thanks Rovi

3. Sep 9, 2018 #3 of 29
    TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    What amazes me is that it will have the Daily Show then it will go away.

mattack likes this.
  4. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, like every other freaking week.

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Recorded CC Programming. Included SM. Same for tonight.

6. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Dammit! I get up this morning and find that TDS is not in 'My Shows' at all. So, I remembered that it always re-aired at around 10 or 11am and went to CC to see that that is no longer the case.

I was busy half the day with that washer & dryer delivery/install deal and was just trashed for the rest of the day, so I forgot to keep an eye on it. That irks me even more that we constantly have to babysit our shows since Rovi. Color me pissed.

I think I'll go to the CC website and see if the episode is there. I generally don't like watching a show on a 15" screen (laptop), but I guess I can suffer through it. :D

7. bbrown9

bbrown9 Active Member TCF Club

Mar 12, 2011
    They always do this to this show. A paranoid person might start to think it's intentional.

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Get a Roku. It's still bad tonight.

I sent in a lineup ticket. No feedback form yet, so I doubt it's fixed.

9. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oh! I do have a Roku3. Is CC on that? Clearly I've not branched out on my Roku beyond the stuff I already use. Will ck it out. Thanks!

I set up the 'CC Prog' for tonight to record. My connection for today was before 3am so, clearly, that doesn't do a thing - well, nothing constructive anyway. I'm thinking of running another one at some point in the afternoon to see if that helps.

Going to have to start making a list of shows that I need to babysit because I'm failing at it. Not as bad as Tivo is, but failing nonetheless.

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I forced a connection about an hour ago - no change. Yes, CC has a channel. My Ultra gets 1080p but PCM audio. And commercials. NBC looks like crap since they change it to 24fps. I'm not sure if CC is a TVE type channel or not. I recorded the 11pm and repeat last night and both had SM.

11. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I don't know why I didn't realize CC had a channel on Roku. Probably, since I have all the cable channels, I just never think of elsewhere unless I go on the website and watch on my laptop, which I don't like.

Channel added and am watching now. :) Thanks, guys, for guiding this rapidly aging bonehead. :D

12. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Remember to set a recording for tonight. ;)

13. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, I have the 'CC Prog' set to record but will try a connection later on today (it's just before noon here) and see if that updates. If not I'll be able to keep the one I have set.

14. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    With the Roku program you can't FF through commercials, so that sucks a bit. but it seemed like it wasn't the usual, around 4 minutes, so I'll get over it for now. :)

15. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I just did a connection beginning at 3:42, which just finished at 3:50 and did actually load something, but it made no difference here either.

I just went ahead and scheduled the CC Prog for that block for the rest of the week. I figure I'm covered because if it changes my pass will pick it up and if it doesn't it will still record.

I just don't get why they keep screwing this up now. I could be wrong, but I don't think it should be this complicated.

16. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I agree that this is VERY lame.. I honestly don't know why they can't write a !@$# script that goes through the guide data looking for anomalies like this -- even if it's initially MANUALLY made.. (like this one, look for Comedy Central Programming, and look for shows that say they're "0 hours long" even when they're clearly 2 hours)..

But to make one slightly less annoyed -- make a Comedy Central Programming OP, (with a few minutes of end pad just like you need for Daily Show).. and put it right below your regular Daily Show OP..

Yes, if going through the shows daily, you'll have to go switch to another one -- and will often have to nuke OTHER weird/wrong Comedy Central Programming recordings (weird ~20 minute ones that cover part of TWO shows)... but at least you'll have the Daily Show eps..

Unfortunately, Tivo is still better than the competition, even with these necessary workarounds.

17. Davelnlr_

Davelnlr_ N5GGG

Jan 12, 2011
    North...
    So do we just create a manual recording now for the Daily Show? There are bunches of "Comedy Central Programming" listings on my Tivo, so dont want to record them all.

18. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I have never tried to make a 1P for CC Programming. My solution is a daily check of my TDL. I know when my Service Connection will happen, so I can just check after it's done. But I have little else to do.

I just checked. CC Programming is considered a "Special" so a 1P is not possible.

19. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    oops, auto-recording wl, not OP. But yes, that works, I have had it for a long time to work around this issue.

20. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Next week is repeats. On 9/24 there is some confusion since it's the season premier of South Park (among others).

mattack likes this.