The Daily Show 6/25/18

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by JoeKustra, Jun 24, 2018.

1. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

I was going to wait, but I just had my daily service connection and all week it is CC Programming. If my pattern holds, I will have a service connection tomorrow but no data.

Even if it gets fixed (tvguide.com was fixed today), I'll bet there will be no SM.

The world is repeats during the July 4th week.

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Here we go again, eh? I wonder why Rovi hates TDS.

Mine doesn't connect today until mid-afternoon, so I guess we'll see.

Sure am tired of babysitting shows! I thought that was what I paid all that money for Tivos and service for.

3. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No change. I didn't expect one.

4. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, mine still doesn't have the show at all this week. My connection is at 5pm today so, if I can manage to wait it out, I'll see what happens then.

5. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ

Advertisements

The TiVo Online web site shows Comedy Central Programming which means it's not getting fixed today. Might as well set a One Pass for that since for this week it's only The Daily Show. It's usually that or The Opposition.

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Last Thursday & Friday tvguide.com had CC Programming also. I was hopeful when it was fixed on Saturday. No such luck.

Funny, it would let me set a recording but not a 1P. It indicated the program was a "special". I was surprised when Search found it.

7. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I got impatient (figuring I'd probably forget later) and ran a connection at 3:21pm, just now. No change on my end, either. I just scheduled tonight's episode and maybe it will get fixed tomorrow. *sigh* FWP, I know but seriously. I just want to get what I paid for.

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    connecting doesn't fix it *immediately* even if the guide data has the 'correct' info.. e.g. your to do list will still be wrong.. Tivos have worked this way for a long time.

For me, the Opposition was fixed, but TDS is still not. Create auto recording wishlist for "Comedy Central Programming" as a really lame workaround (with several minutes of padding, especially on the end, to be even more safe).

9. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Back on my to do list for tonight

mattack likes this.
  10. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Just forced 2 connections and it’s still showing as Comedy Central Presents for the whole week in the guide.

I’m also not seeing The Daily Show at Tivo Online either. I don’t know if this matters or not, but my guide data goes out to Sat 7/7.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  11. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    So my “Comedy Central Programming” recording from tonight got skip mode somehow. That’s the first time I’ve ever seen that.

12. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Now that's unusual. My guide is still 7/7, but I don't want to cry wolf yet. Plus there may be a new Hydra version being sent and TiVo's servers can't do two things at once.

update: Awesome. My TDS/CC Programming also has SM. BTW, Wolf!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  13. nycityuser

nycityuser Member

Dec 30, 2004
    New York, NY
    The last time TiVo did this to "The Daily Show" I changed to a manual recording every M-F at 11pm on Comedy Central. So I haven't missed any recordings this week but was surprised to see "Manual: Comedy Central Programming" in the To Do List again. Given the current political leadership one could be forgiven for considering a conspiracy theory...

14. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I'm not quite ready for a foil hat. Last Thursday the guide and tvguide.com changed to CC Programming. On Saturday tvguide.com fixed their guide. I sent a lineup issue form to TiVo. My most frequent SM failure has always been The Late Show. :eek:

15. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    The oddest thing for me, this time around with no TDS guide data, is that so far this week there has been 'skip' on my generic recordings.
    (I'm just manually recording them and choosing padding at the end)

16. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I have SM on last night's CC Programming/TDS. In checking my History, I see the 1:40am repeat is listed as TDS even though the guide says CC Programming. BTW, after your next connection it will be fixed.

17. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Good to know. Thanks, Joe. I've been having these damnable early morning connections so nothing gets done. Since that already happened this morning, and nothing has updated, I think I'll punch through another connection later today.

18. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I remember someone explaining it in another post long ago.. This is an *analogy* of the actual explanation, which I don't remember -- it's *something* like the Tivo uses a CRC of the program (or maybe looking up the actual closed captions themselves), NOT the title/channel, to look up the skip data..

i.e. it does something more clever than a 'simple lookup' to find the skip data for a show.

19. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Last night one of the "CC Programming" episodes was picked up by my 1P. It also had SM and the correct title plus "new". Another should record tonight. I only give it 50/50 chance of SM.

mattack likes this.
  20. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Daily Show is off this week. Last night’s episode was scheduled for me because it is one of the episodes that recorded under the “CC Programming” guide data, so the Tivo incorrectly thought it was new.