1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Show 6/13/18

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by JoeKustra, Jun 13, 2018.

1. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Perhaps something dumped on the metadata? My TDL doesn't have tonight's episode set to record. Yesterday and tomorrow are fine. My service connection was at 4am.

2. TKnight206

TKnight206 Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I could have sworn that Ian Bremmer was in the description for Tuesday night's. However, that's still no excuse for TiVo's poor metadata as the episode for Wednesday night has 'June 13, 2018' as part of the title. Maybe they share some sort of episode ID?

3. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I did a Search on Upcoming Episodes and tonight's is not there.

4. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    There was some switch up in guests that probably confused the recording algorithm.

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    This morning I see mine was still not being picked up, although it does show as 'new'.

Thanks for the heads up!

6. chiguy50

chiguy50 Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    My Roamio Pro had last night's Daily Show scheduled to record with the correct guest (Ian Bremmer) last time I checked, but I discovered this morning that it did not record. That is the first time I have experienced a glitch of this nature (as opposed to the recurring "Comedy Central Programming" snafu) with this show.

Fortunately, the Comedy Central website and app have the complete shows and other features available for streaming on demand. I just grabbed my Android tablet and cast the show to the TV. Granted, we had to sit through the commercial breaks (with the volume muted, of course) but in return the show included the full, extended interview. And the video quality was at least as good (and perhaps better) than what I would have had via the Comcast broadcast.:)

7. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I've had a busy day so I just noticed that last night's episode was recorded twice. I guess that's better than not at all, SMH. One had 'skip' and the other didn't, so you know which one I deleted and which one I'm watching right now.

What's odd is that they didn't go into one folder, like what happens when you have more than one episode of a show in 'My Shows' so it's like Tivo thought it was two different shows. They didn't read as different, so all I saw different was the lack of skip on one of them.

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's not a TiVo, it's an adventure. :)

Next test: Friday night Jimmy Kimmel Live. Will it or won't it? TiVo is like a box of chocolates.

Ok, I'll stop.

9. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    The problem with last night's episode is that for some reason the TiVo guide data had a completely different series id for it. That means it wasn't picked up by the normal Daily Show OnePass. You had to create a second one. Basically bad guide data.

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    weird, based on checking on the iOS app, I have mon tue wed recorded... all at 11pm.. yeah, Ian bremmer is listed twice, but at least I have the eps.. whichever year I get around to watching them..

11. TKnight206

TKnight206 Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I think the 11pm episode had a different series ID. I was able to create another OnePass. I have some shows that have I think at least three OnePasses.

I really miss GraceNote.

(Just noticed morac's post moments after posting this.)

12. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Seems like somebody doesn't like this program. Next week changed to CC Programming with my service connection. I'll start a new thread Sunday if it's not fixed. :(

13. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Dayum! Yup, mine just had its connection at 9am. Before that, TDS was scheduled all week as it should have been. After the connection, the whole week is blown up with CC Prog for the 11:00pm to 1:31am period. *sigh*

JJ Show is ok, so far.

So weird. I know it's a FWP but having to babysit the Tivo all the time has really been grating on my nerves. Babysitting was never my thing, anyway - well, since I was 12 and it was the only way I had lunch money. :mad:

14. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    **call Tivo**.

15. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    You’re better off reporting the problem at Report a Lineup Issue as it goes to the correct people as opposed to some offshore third party answering service.

mattack likes this.
  16. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I always do. As for TDS, I sent one to explain that only TiVo thinks it's Season 23. The rest of the world thinks it is Season 3. They fixed the metadata to accept season 23. But I still send them.

17. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Season number for a daily talk that doesn’t actually have a “season” is more or less meaningless. Same thing with episode number.

18. TonyD79

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Next week (6/18) is back as of noon connection today.

19. TonyD79

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    IMDb thinks it is season 23.

20. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Gracenote thinks it is 3. Funny thing. A year ago I noticed when I set the 1P to season 23 and it wouldn't pick up new episodes. I had to set it to season 1. Then I sent in a lineup form. They changed the metadata.

Comedy Central is on your side: the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-june-14--2018---mike-colter-season-23-ep-23116