The Daily Show 2/13/17

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by JoeKustra, Feb 4, 2017.

1. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Bad TiVo (Rovi) has found a new way to mess up Comedy Central. The week starting 2/13 now has decided to shorten TDS to 30 minutes, then add a 1 minute program of Comedy Central Programming. I takes real skill to mess up the guide this way.

Screener & TitanTV are correct. But tvguide.com and tv.com are also bad. o_O

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    New fun every day, eh?

I just checked my guide and (as of this moment, anyway) it shows TDS from 11 to 11:30 and then at midnight starting at 11:30. That'll probably change. It's far enough away, time-wise, to change a few more times. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up, Joe! I pad 'at midnight' for several minutes and that usually covers TDS but if they punch in a stupid minute in the middle that will probably take the 'moment of zen' piece. *sigh*

3. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    That's a weird one. It's not for over a week though. That's plenty of time to fix this. I don't know why TiVo has so much problems with The Daily Show. This past week the times were correct, but they didn't add the guest info for the week until Thursday.

4. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    It changes day to day. One day they might fix it, then the next day they will unfix it. I'm just going to continue taking about 30 seconds a week checking the show to record each Mon-Thurs. It's been part of my routine for a long time now (even since before Rovi, because an SP was frustrating as it would pick up every re-airing) that I go in on Friday, after watching the Thurs episode, and do the next week at a time.

But now, the only thing to watch for is if it shows the program and changes to generic (TBA) or vice versa. Still some babysitting involved, but I'm sure the check is in the mail for me doing Tivo's job. ;)

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Having the show title become the show date is new also. I've seen it on more than TDS.

It's the new normal. But I'm a veteran of the Sony DHG diaspora, so this is not so bad. Hell, even my two Premieres still get a guide. Yet I know all good things come to an end. There are always alternatives.

6. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Mine is currently 31 minutes. But I pad it anyway since Comedy Central is notorious for overruns.

7. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Mine changed for next Mon (2/13) and now it's 'TDS' from 11 to 11:30, CCP from 11:30 to 11:31, and then at midnight at 11:31. So lame. My Tivo's call-in for today isn't until a little later this afternoon so it will probably change again.

I only punch in one week at a time and, so far, the ones for this coming week are ok. No program information available, but that's not surprising anyway since Rovi.