The Contender (Sept 11, 2007)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Sep 12, 2007.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Once again, a great show... I really like the match up this week... Two strong boxers laying all on the line...resulting in a spirited fight...

As promised by ESPN, they have scheduled a show called "The Contender Uncut" where they will air the fight in it's entirety...without all the editing, crappy special effects and slow motion shots...

2. spot1x

spot1x New Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Yeah that was a great fight thanks for the head up on “The Contender Uncut” There wasn’t a season pass option for this on TCO is this just a one shot or are they going to do this for all the fights?

Also I was a little confused by how they have the advancement bracket setup. If you win you don’t automatically advance to the next round?

3. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    My understanding is that this is for all fights...

Anyone know what the personal circumstances were for one of the final ten dropping out?

4. PopcornGuy

PopcornGuy New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Legal problems again (assault charge last year). It's odd they didn't screen him out first through background checks or psych screenings. I guess everyone deserves a second chance. Note from a late rebroadcast, the PPV they were promoting for September 15 has been cancelled (may have been on the first run too).

5. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Well that stinks....

The Contender Uncut was recorded tonight, but when I played it, it was the World Series of Poker... Darn it... And I don't see any repeats... The next Uncut is next week after the next new episode...