The Colbert Report 4/12/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ufo4sale, Apr 12, 2011.

1. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    Did anyone catch this episode last night? It had the mybuster on it and Steven asked them what new myths there were working on. I think Adam said that one of them was the one where they took the body off of the car and reversed it. The reason they did this is because it was belived that the car is more aerodynamic going backwards then forward. I could of sworn this was an old myth but he said it was new this season.

2. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Didn't catch the episode of Colbert Report, but "Reverse Engineering," the episode in question, aired back in November.

3. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Here's the video of their appearance:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...284/april-11-2011/jamie-hyneman---adam-savage

Watching right now to see what they said about that episode.

Edit: Comedy Central bills this as a new episode that aired on 4/11. Jamie and Adam clearly say that the "Reverse Engineering" episode is coming up and they talk about testing the aerodynamics of the reversed sports car. Yet that episode clearly aired last fall, and here is the thread discussing it. So I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe the Jamie/Adam interview was taped a long time ago and just inserted into last night's episode because it didn't have any references to current events so it could be used anytime (evergreen), or maybe Jamie and Adam actually didn't know what episodes had aired and which were coming up. Or maybe last night's episode of Colbert wasn't new and the guide data and website were just wrong?

4. Michelle5150

Michelle5150 Still in Beta

Nov 16, 2004
    Seattle
    Adam said on Twitter (@donttrythis) that he screwed up and talked about the wrong myth.

5. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    So it was live in the sense that it was taped recently.

6. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Must be a myth. Ever seen videos of the aerodynamic tests on cars? Just like aircraft.

7. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Colbert and Stewart are taped that day that they are shown. Stewart makes fun of this by saying he has seen a Presidential speech that aired probably after the show was taped. (boy am I old, they could use a digital recorder for all I know)