The Closer - "Repeat Offender" - 7/18/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SoBelle0, Jul 19, 2011.

1. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Capt Raydor's face bugs me. She telegraph's the situation subtly with words, and gives the exact opposite story with her face. Or something. I liked it when she and Brenda were friendlier... It softened Brenda up, some.

I must be watching too many crime dramas, because I was fairly certain that the wife had followed the Professor, and been the one to kill the girl. Goodness! :)

2. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    It's not so much Rayder's face that annoys me, it's her voice and speech inflection. And, now that Pope's in the catbird seat (as many of us predicted) she's forced to be his shield. Is he showing his true colors or just doing whatever it takes to get "interim" removed?

3. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Since this is the last season of the show, I am curious where this "audit" is going to go.

Do we think Brenda's days are as numbered as the series itself???

4. AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I'm thinking the show will end with her or Fritz getting job offers and they will leave LA.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She doesn't really bother me at all. She's trying to go by the book, and help Brenda as much as she can within those limitations. The weirdness in that scene was just her trying to do both, which is a contradiction. Brenda, of course, is too clueless to see it. And Pope is being a complete dick. He's gone from virtually being fired to being chief of police over the course of a day, and I guess nothing is going to stop him from keeping it that way, even the career of his old friend (and girlfriend).

6. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Me too!:eek: I just knew it was going to be the wife when she didn't seem to know that her hubby didn't come straight home after dropping off the baby sitter/murder victim.

I wonder if Brenda is going to end up confessing she did take the guy home knowing he would get murdered? She had an interesting look on her face when the Prof walked out with his clothes after their 'you've got to take responsibility for your actions' talk.

I hope the series ends with Fritz leaving Brenda. I just don't understand why he's with her.