The Closer 12/26/2011 Silent Partner

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Dec 27, 2011.

1. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Wow, I thought it was a good episode! And not the series finale. There will be 6 more eps coming in the summer.

Did I miss it? They didn't reveal the leak in the dept, did they?

I guess since Brenda Lee is no longer being sued, we're probably not going to be seeing more of her lawyer? Too bad, I like him, he's very entertaining!:D

2. lalouque

lalouque Quilter-Cat Slave TCF Club

Feb 11, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    My favorite line from the episode. It gave me the chills.

Brenda: But these are my friends!

Julio: That's what JRock was thinking when he pulled over the car.

3. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    Gabriel
    Taylor
    Tao
    Flynn
    Buzz
    Provenza
    Julio

That is my guess on the leak in order to most likely to least suspected in my opinion.

I really hope they don't pin it on some in the background no name redshirt.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think Gabriel and Taylor are the only ones for whom there is any serious foundation. (Maybe Julio...she kind of dicked him around a little a while back.) If it's anybody else, either I missed something major or they're cheating.

5. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    They had a lot of shots of Provenza reacting to things in this episode that made me think they were going to reveal him either as the mole or as the guy who figured out the mole. I feel like they already gave Gabriel a chance to flip out over the situation that led to the "Johnson Role" so my money is not on him. Taylor is too obvious and seemed to be in the room when secret meetings took place where he could have let the lawyer know what was happening.

6. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    So when the FBI busted that businessman behind all of the murders how did they get the evidence to detain him? Brenda wasn't wearing a wire or didn't read him his rights was the FBI using listening devices, or was it something the FBI already had on him, but Brenda just went to go talk to the guy?

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Brenda got the guy out of his house earlier so Fritz could wire the place. He texted her when he was finished so she could stop stalling.

8. DeDondeEs

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Man how did I miss that detail? Must've been a bathroom break or something.

9. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I haven't been following the Closer very closely this season, so maybe I have missed something. Why are they so certain the leak is a person in the department? Have they ever swept all the offices for bugs or listening equipment?

10. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    What about Fritz? Or Pope? Or Raydor?

11. DeDondeEs

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I hope it's that autopsy guy. Why on every crime show do they have to introduce the obnoxious know-it-all autopsy guy, who is unfazed by death and gore, yet caring and witty at the same time?

12. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I'm going with Pope. I think he's afraid that Brenda is after his job even though she says she doesnt want it.

13. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I thought Raydor narrowed it down to Pope or Taylor with her fake retirement?

14. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    There was a statement that the FBI had bugged the office. Beautiful view. I would live in that office. :)

15. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I thought Taylor had gone around telling everyone around the office therefore it was unclear who actually leaked it?

16. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    Fritz - only if the writers of '24' took over the show and added in crazy (and dumb) plot twists.

Raydor - I really cannot see that. After Fritz I would consider her the least likely.

Pope - To be honest I didn't even think of him. I can see how that would work but it would be such a stretch.

17. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Leak? I thought it was Gabriel for a while. He was the most outspoken when she left that thug in the hood to die. That volunteered deposition didn't change my mind. However, his style has never been to do things and cover it up. "Sneaky" is totally out of character. He usually tells Brenda how he feels, does what he wants, and deal with the consequences. I'm thinking about when he went off on the child molester/killer and was sent home.

Taylor is too obvious. Buzz is such an innocuous character that it would make me mad if he was the leak. Pope would be a good one.

18. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Fritz doesn't work at all; among other things he didn't know enough in a timely manner.

Raydor is taking over the lead for the "Major Crimes" spinoff.

Pope: one out of three ain't bad.

19. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    What better way of taking over the division than ensuring that her predecessor gets hammered in a lawsuit...