The Closer 12/19/2011 Road Block

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Dec 20, 2011.

1. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I thought it was a pretty entertaining ep. I'm tired of the lawsuit thing so glad they got away for that except for a couple of quick mentions.

Sure was a lot about Fritz being an alcoholic. Hope that isn't foreshadowing a relapse. I would hate that.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Although it was all in the context of the alcoholic suspect, and they made a pretty good case for why he's not likely to relapse...

3. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Very enjoyable episode. I liked how it started out from a different perspective than most The Closer episodes. We got to see the crime as it happened and then saw the actions of the criminal. Usually we arrive at a crime scene with all the officers and Buzz and the suspects are revealed to us at the same time they are revealed to Brenda.
    I liked how for the first few minutes in the police station we didn't know if Brenda and crew knew yet that the commisioner's wife was the guilty party. But of course she already knew!

4. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    The only problem I have with this show is how she uses her husband to help solve a crime when he really isn't into helping.
    Is this the final year for the show or does it have one more year?

5. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I think next week is the series finale. Last episode ever :( But there will be a spin-off.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I believe that is only the final one for 2011 (which isn't so hard to imagine). There are supposed to be a final 6 next summer.

7. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I liked the change in pace too. It was cool to get the perspective of the criminal and see the criminal commit the crime, then watch the detectives figure out a way to get her.

Was I the only one who was surprised that Provenza didn't do anything to try and stop bleeding, or perform CPR on the victim?

8. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    She cracked her head open. How was CPR going to help?

9. wedgecon

wedgecon Just Plain Awesome TCF Club

Dec 28, 2002
    Vancouver, WA
    There are 5 Police Commissioners appointed by the Mayor that oversee the LAPD.

I kind of think the power of a single commissioner is kind of over stated. I doubt they could really intimidate the Chief that much. While the Chief does report to them it seems to be mostly on policy matters.

It seems to me that the real power is the Mayor who appoints both the police Chief and the commissioners.

10. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    That was Flynn who was present at the accident.

11. bobvr

bobvr Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Tucson AZ
    Just a correction here, It was Flynn who was with her not Provenza.

And I don't think there was anything left to do for her but comfort her. (Which he did)

12. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    when people say The Closer ain't so good anymore -

I point to episodes like this that are excellent from beginning to end.

13. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    My bad, I always get those two mixed up.

14. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Very good episode. Epguides and Thefutoncritic are not giving a hint of when this returns next year. It may be a summer thing.

15. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    This was one of the best episodes EVER. "She is such a liar" - Priceless line.

I heard that Sedgwick is leaving so the show will end. Has that changed?

Mary McDonnell is strong enough to carry a spin-off in LA but I think they should just move the show with Sedgwick to NY. She would still be a "fish out of water" in the Big Apple. They can also add S. Epatha Merkerson (whose character behaved much like Pope in L&O). Corey Reynolds' character is single so he can move up to NY too.

16. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Active Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Eastern PA
    I believe I heard (although I cannot recall from where) that the final six episodes of the season/series will air in Summer 2012.

17. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
  18. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Active Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Eastern PA