1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The Chalet" on Netflix is the best thing I have watched this year on Netflix

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tivoknucklehead, May 16, 2018.

1. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    6 episode miniseries. set in rural France, a group of 30 something friends and their significant others go back to a rural French village for a wedding. However all is not roses.

Lots of characters are introduced in episode 1, and it is subtitled , but if you stick with it you will like it. pay attention to each character's name because there are many flashback scenes

2. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I wasn't happy with the first episode, but I was tired and fell asleep a few times. :)

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Ah, I don't do subtitles.

4. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

you have to get through the first two set-up epsiodes and it really picks up

5. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

you are missing out on tons of good stuff from around the world

6. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    May as well get used to them. You may need closed captioning when you get older. :(

P.S. Yanny or Laurel? :)

LlamaLarry and Martha like this.
  7. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Oh, I already used closed captioning most of the time too. However, when I watch TV, I'm also usually on my laptop or cooking dinner or doing something else. I can't just sit there and "watch tv". I do like to read the CC when I am looking directly at the set, but with subtitles, I just miss too much stuff.

8. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Well, the S1 E1 cover art on my TiVo running Hydra looks good! :)

All episodes are now available in my 1P. When this thread was created, TiVo only found one of the six episodes.