The Chair on Starz (Similar to Project Greenlight)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Jim_TV, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Jim_TV

Jim_TV Member

Mar 4, 2006

Advertisements

I described this new show on Starz debuting this Saturday September 6th at 11 PM EDT as similar to the old HBO & Bravo documentary series Project Greenlight because, well, it is, not to mention it is produced by Chris Moore who was also the producer of Project Greenlight. The twist on this series about the process of movie making is that they give two aspiring film makers an opportunity to shoot a movie based on the same source materials.

I loved the old Project Greenlight and this new series seems like an interesting update on the idea. Interestingly enough, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are also involved in bringing the Project Greenlight series itself back to HBO in the near future. So it looks like we are going to be getting two slightly different versions of this idea on tv again.

http://www.starz.com/originals/thechair/

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Weird, did Chris Moore & Maffleck break up? I though they were in business together.

3. Jim_TV

Jim_TV Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I don't know if Chris Moore is also still involved business wise with Ben & Matt or the reboot of Project Greenlight or not. I was surprised to see him in the trailer for The Chair. I'm sure I'll watch both shows, so hopefully they are both good.

4. Jim_TV

Jim_TV Member

Mar 4, 2006
    First episode debuted Saturday night: The two young film-makers arrive in Pittsburgh and start working on their re-writes of the script they are assigned. Chris Moore was the most interesting person on the show to me although he had much less screen time than he did on Project Greenlight.

I have to be honest that I find both film-makers annoying, especially the young director Shane with his goofy look-at-me ways and the self-doubt and seeming co-dependency of the young director Anna. It should hopefully be entertaining to see how they both handle the next steps in the film-making process.

Also fyi, Starz On Demand is making the first five episodes available online for those that qualify for the service through their cable or satellite tv providers if you don't want to wait for the next few Saturday evenings to watch them.