The Celebrity Apprentice - 4/24/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markz, Apr 25, 2011.

1. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Last night, Donald proved that his show is not unbiased and is rigged to however he (and/or the producers) wants it to be.

He chose to keep Starr over LaToya for ratings purposes. He says it was to give the women the best chance possible against the guys. He didn't even hide that fact.

A couple weeks ago, if he had kept Mark McGrath over Gary Busey, the guys would have been unstoppable. The three guys that are left, plus Mark McGrath would have been one heck of a team.

Some weeks he blames the failing of the PM and sends them home. And this time, when the whole thing was exactly how Starr (the PM) wanted it, and it failed miserably, he keeps her.

He agreed with the girls that going forward, LaToya would be the weakest link. However, for weeks, the guys said the same thing about Gary and he wouldn't listen.

This was my first season watching this show, and it will probably be my last. If it were judged consistently and fairly, I would really like the show. But it is no where near consistent and fair and doesn't even pretend to be.

2. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    He proved that to me when he picked Joan Rivers to win a couple years ago. Nothing could ever top that.

3. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    That was just wrong.
    Star should have been fired as the failure was 100% hers.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I know. That woman said that Annie Duke was worse than Hitler and in general acted absolutely terribly.

I couldn't believe that Trump would want his name associated with hers...

5. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    The only thing I remember from last night was Hope in the bathtub :)up: :D) and 50 gazillion-jillion promos for "The Voice." :rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

6. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    But wearing a towel?!? If anyone should be comfortable getting her picture taken topless in a tub, it should be a Playboy Playmate.

7. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    People change, man. :D

8. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I'm convinced (have been for a while) that these celebrity versions are more about 'what could that person do for me' than about a level-playing-field reality/game show.

Joan Rivers could obviously do more for Trump than Annie Duke could. I've been convinced that Trump wants Star Jones on the finale (and likely to win) because she, more than any of the others, could probably do more for him.

I'm pretty sure this will be another of those finales - John Rich and Star in the final task. Some arbitrary 'judging criteria' for the final task that will favor Jones. Rich kicks her ample buttocks, but Star wins for some reason that only Trump could justify.

As glad as I am to have LaToya's mug off my TV screen, Star should have been booted last night. She, of all PMs, has total control over everything and when she loses, she really can't blame anyone else.

I just wish Nene would have stuck up for LaToya rather than align with Star in the final boardroom.

9. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I dunno ... after Junior Trump creepily offered to return for the bathtub shoot, the Playmate probably insisted on keeping the towel ... which was still ridiculous.

Meatloaf seems to be pretty much burnt out. And I'm surprised that the two guys who insist on wearing ridiculous hats indoors at all times are so tight.

I'm predicting Marlee in the final and possible winning.

10. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Hope is so hot. I wish she would win just for that.

I agree Star should have been fired. It was funny how none of the men wanted this task and it showed in the product.

I personally don't know how you would sell trump as a premimum brand as it is a bit of a joke... I don't think the people who have the kind of wealth to spend on ultra premium hotels necessarily consider Trump a real high end brand to begin with...

11. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Starr was so the obvious choice. When McGrath was fired I also said that the producers are firing people not Trump.

12. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I like Hope. She seems well-spoken and organized and did a really nice job when she was the PM. Starr's expression is always so creepily placid, yet very alert. I like Nene. She is funny. Marlee seems like the "adult" in the group. She does good work and gets along with everyone. I think she is the best candidate from the women's team and Trump would love to have an Oscar-winning actress as his Apprentice.

On the guy's team, Meat Loaf is too much of a loose canon to win. The other two seem equally good-natured and hard-working. I guess I would choose the country dude because he is more polished and professional than the rapper.

13. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I thought was pretty dumb for Nene to not go after Starr, if she had any chance to make it to the final this was it. Kill the favorite. They all seem afraid of Starr.

14. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    If you saw the previews for next week you'll realize she regretted that decision.

15. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    You are surprised? I watched all of Supergroup or whatever that rock band singer competition was. The guy leading the judges best friend who was a horrible lead singer won.

16. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Strange. I think he made the right decision. Latoya brought nothing to the table (task wise). Star is much more likely to give the guys a run for the money.

17. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    If he based the decision on the overall competition, he made the right choice. My issue is that he said that his decision to get rid of Mark McGrath was based solely on the one task. I guess when it's your own show, you can change the rules to suit your needs.

18. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I am not saying he didn't make the right decision between Star & LaToya. But the situation was almost identical to Mark vs Gary, but the rules were different that week. Donald is just inconsistent from week to week.

19. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    As has been mentioned, it is Trump's waivering stance on who should be fired. One week it will be the person most responsible for the team's loss. Other times it will be a single inividual everyone wants to get rid of. It is not consistent. He should have fired Busey based on the criteria for getting rid of Latoya.

20. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Well, except that the project manager pretty much said "fire me". Trump is usually pretty willing to go along when he hears that.