The Celebrity Apprentice - 4/10/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, Apr 12, 2011.

1. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I was waiting and waiting for a thread, so here it goes...

Mark, I know Niki Taylor and you're no Niki Taylor. He was not the obvious choice of course. But God forbid the producers let Trump fire Busey. He's Apprentice gold! I wish they had played back the tape of him saying (paraphrasing) "Is it sexual?" in the boardroom. I honestly believe he does not recall it.

Damn that Latoya for not putting Hope in a bikini!!

2. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Is there anyone that has done or said so little as Hope on the Apprentice?

3. MrCouchPotato

MrCouchPotato Member

Dec 12, 2005
    One of the things I dislike about the "Celebrity" version is how little fight and motivation many of the celebs have to fight to stay.

I have this fear that we will be looking at a finale with BG and Latoya. :eek:

4. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    There have been so many times this season that an instant replay would have been great. Show the people saying/doing what they deny saying/doing.

5. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Why don't they do an instant replay? especially with Busey when he grabs the Australian gold guy and pushes Mark.

Why why why do all the Project managers set themselves up to be fired? If Mark had just kept quiet or said something else, then heard what they all had to say he could have tossed Busey under the bus and still been around.

6. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    Bary Gusey?

7. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Yeah, there's "under the radar" and then there's "the radar is unplugged." :p LaToya was an idiot to think Hope, the Playboy hottie, was more valuable doing administrative tasks rather than modeling in a swimsuit. :rolleyes:

Both of the teams' "boxes" stunk, but they probably had to throw them together so fast there was not much time to be really creative and do a good job.

8. MrCouchPotato

MrCouchPotato Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Ha! I start drinking waaay too early... :p

9. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Curse LaToya. Jaw dropped during Star trying to explain to LaToya about budgeting. They must have made an adjustment for the signage and the bags of sand but edited it out.
    Not seeing Hope in bikini in cool weather is a crime against man. :) Too bad Niki went..could been two for one..

10. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Really? I thought the guys' boxes was great and exactly matched the theme they were trying to go for. The girls' box was exactly like it was when it started except for some banners. They added nothing to it.

Mark really got screwed and he was my favorite to win, but once you tell Trump you'll take the axe....you're going to get the axe

AT LEAST Trump gave GB a "come to Jesus" talk, but I'm sure it means nothing.

11. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    People kept altering their quotes of what he said that I was getting frustrated trying to remember, so I played it back. For the record:

Woman executive: And we have children, and they love it. Our teenaged boys, all their friends love it.
    Gary (interrupting): Gives you a sexual feeling.

It was bad enough that he said that, but to suddenly say that when she was talking about kids!

I was shocked at how NeNe was so very mean to La Toya after they got back to the room, and it looked like none of the others tried to do anything to stop her!

12. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Especially the comment about her age. Women are especially sensitive about those kinds of things. And for another woman to say that is so wrong. Unless she's a vampire, does Nene plan on staying young forever.

13. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    John Rich and Marlee Matlin should be the final two, but we will see how things play out.

Sugar Ray screwed up by throwing himself on his own sword when he thought his team had won. That was a mistake, and Trump would not let go of it. If he had just avoided making that relatively arrogant proclamation about taking the responsibility, Gary would have went home, even though Trump irrationally thinks he is great.

14. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    That made me chuckle.

Sugar Ray? Really? How can you confuse Mark McGrath with Sugar Ray Leonard?

15. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Are you trying to be funny?

16. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Well the two of them are on celebrity reality shows right now. :D

17. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Pssst.... Mark's band was called "Sugar Ray."

18. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    Heh. I guess the joke is on me. :eek:

I really had no idea who Mark was before this show and have never heard of the band, but I did see Sugar Ray Leonard get voted off another celebrity competition show this week.

19. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    It's ok :D
    Lots of people thought Mark's name was "Sugar Ray" the same way they thought Ian Anderson's name was "Jethro Tull."
    Not marksman of course, who I assume was using it as an affectionate jibe :)

20. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    You may have never heard of Sugar Ray, but chances are you've heard this on the radio (or not)...