The Cape - "Endgame" (online only 3/11/11)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by morac, Mar 13, 2011.

1. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ

Advertisements

Watched the finale on Hulu. I enjoyed it, but then I've been enjoying The Cape for the most part. Some significant events occur, but no closure.

I take it since it wasn't aired on TV that the series is basically cancelled?

2. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Too bad Summer didn't get pulled into the Black Swan project with her background. That could have really bumped up her profile.

.. Now with Firefly, Terminator, The 4400, Dollhouse, and The Cape all behind her, I really hope she gets an amazing project we can all enjoy for several seasons.

3. Weezoh

Weezoh New Member

May 9, 2002
    According to this it looks like it's cancelled.

4. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've been enjoying it as well, but I guess that's now over. D'oh!

The only thing that really bugged me was the whole "smoke bomb" disappearing trick. It seems like it was indeed a trick, but in this episode The Cape dropped a bunch of them and made a whole group of people disappear. Huh?

5. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...

Advertisements

Watched it yesterday. Was hoping for a bit of closure but I guess they didn't have time to write anything in once they found out the series would be canceled. Poor Summer, she's become the kiss of death.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Having her as a regular is a sure sign the series will get cancelled. Good thing "Chuck" only had her in one episode.

7. doom1701

doom1701 Time for a new Title TCF Club

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    I'm not going to bother watching this unless he is able to reunite with is family. Was there any closure with that?

8. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    They were just finishing shooting episode 10 when the order was cut to 10. It doesn't look like they changed anything for the online episode. Same length. No real closure. I guess closure wasn't worth whatever it would have taken to edit the last episode.

9. SorenTodd

SorenTodd New Member

May 26, 2009
    I saw that this episode was available on my "On Demand", even though it never aired on the actual NBC. I guess NBC isn't totally worthless lately. :rolleyes:

10. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I just assumed it was on hiatus...only last night learned the last episode was online-only (and that it was the last episode).

While I'm glad they bother to stick stuff like this online-that's more than we used to get a lot of times-it's super annoying that they don't just air it. I mean regardless of ratings, there have to be some gaps in the schedule with just a repeat or a repeat of something lame...

The Cape was weird and never worked particularly well for me, but I guess I'll rent the last episode (from Amazon, on my Tivo) since I've watched the first 9. Weird to me that they'd cancel Heroes and replace it with something that's IMO both weirder and worse. Should have given Heroes a new Executive Producer and another 10 episodes or something...

Geez a lot of stuff I watch is being canceled. V was pretty boring so I don't mind-the last episode of Season 2 was good, but IMO the first 9 episodes should have been cut down to 1 (or at most 2) with ep. 10 as the second or third episode.

But also canceling:
    -Detroit-fantastic cop show, fantastic cast and writing
    -No Ordinary Family-not the greatest thing ever, but I find it fairly entertaining and like the cast
    -Human Target

Oh I can't even remember everything else...

11. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    Have V or No Ordinary Family been confirmed as being canceled or are you assuming they will be? I haven't seen anything definite on either one yet.

12. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I was just reading this thing on Zaptoit last night...I guess neither is official, but at least two of the actors on No Ordinary Family have other work lined up for the fall?

I'd really rather get that back than V...unless V undergoes some major improvements so they're all as good as that last episode was.

13. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    That's probably a good sign if some of the actors have new gigs lined up. I like the show and wish it had more time to see where they could go with it. V has been pretty bad at times, I could probably take or leave it.

14. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    So Human Target is definately canceled? I can understand...bringing in the two women was stupid.

15. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    San Antonio
    Well it was a so-so episode. But Damn did Summer look good in that white outfit....