"The Bronx Is Burning" ESPN

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by teknikel, Jul 12, 2007.

1. teknikel

teknikel Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Baltimore

Advertisements

This was some strange casting.

John Tuturro as Billy Martin reminded me of the Tony Shaloub character in Men In Black.

And Franco as Reggie Jackson? I was very distracted. I think it was the hair. I mean, I had hair like that back then but it just looked weird on Daniel.

Otherwise, I liked the history of it, with the Yankees and Son of Sam. NY was so different back then.

2. minorthr

minorthr Your Ad here

Nov 24, 2001
    I'm not a Yankee fan but I tried to watch it because I like John Tuturro. It was tough to get through.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    The first episode was pretty slow.
    I'll keep the SP for now, but it needs to get better quick.

4. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I lived just a few blocks from the stadium. The stadium was "new", the team was a contender again and the All-Star game was hosted there. Pretty exciting but also a scary time. NYC was in such turmoil. Even my older sisters were afraid to go out on dates because of Son of Sam. Brought back many memories (good and bad).

I will watch the rest for sure. I just wish the producers had cleaned up the old footage. 'Cause when they go back and forth, the differences are night and day, especially in HD. Also Martin's ears were big but sheesh, the prosthetics they put on Tuturro on too distracting!