The Blacklist

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by sehale, Apr 14, 2019.

1. sehale

sehale Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Newark, DE

Advertisements

For the past 2 weeks, The Blacklist has showed up in my To Do List as normal (scheduled Season Pass). However, both episodes did not record as scheduled. Looking at the history, the explanation is that the episodes did not record because "the episode was not available." Oddly enough, the episodes named in the history are NOT the episodes that were in the ToDo list. I have to switch over to my Comcast account and watch them On Demand.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No problems with my feed. Another double episode on 4/26.

3. sehale

sehale Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Newark, DE
    Mine showed up fine in the ToDo till the time of recording. Worked fine all season till the last 2 weeks. I'll monitor and report.

4. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    This past Friday was a repeat, but I just realized that April 5 was a new episode and wasn’t recorded because it was “no longer in guide”. What’s odd is I found it recorded as a suggestion at the same exact time off of Cozi which in my area is NBC’s sub channel. I’ve only ever see Cozi air NBC shows if something newsworthy is happening and it never has guide data.

I do see this Friday’s (April 19) episode scheduled to record.

Edit:

According to Comcast’s On Demand, April 12 was not a repeat. It was a new episode “Lady Luck”. That episode doesn’t even show up in TiVo’s list of episodes for The Blacklist.

So yes TiVo’s guide for The Blacklist appears to have been screwed up the past 2 weeks.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    sehale likes this.
  5. bobfrank

bobfrank Active Member

Mar 17, 2005

Advertisements

I know it doesn't help you, but here in Southern California on Frontier FIOS my Tivo recorded the "Lady Luck" episode with no problems.

sehale likes this.
  6. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    So I checked a different tivo box that was set to record all channels and it recorded there, but again on the Cozi sub-channel, which is 480i. This is the Philly NBC channel so for whatever reason Philly is airing The Blacklist on their NBC SD sub channel the past few weeks. I have no idea why they are doing that.

Edit: Apparently it was preempted for Hockey.

How to Watch Blindspot, The Blacklist, Dateline Friday

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    sehale likes this.
  7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I find Twitter a good way to get obscure information in situations like this.

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Keep an eye on 4/26. Gracenote says two episodes. TiVo says The Blindspot at 8pm EDT.

sehale likes this.
  9. yawitz

yawitz Member

Apr 2, 2007
    In the SF Bay Area, a few times over the last couple of months, Friday programming (including Blacklist and Blindspot) was bumped to Cozi to make room for a Giants game. This has happened before for our NBC affiliate, so I set the 1P for those shows to cover all channels just to be safe; never missed a recording (though disappointed that the substitution is in SD).

mattack and sehale like this.
  10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Though the substitution is properly 16:9. I would record virtually ALL recordings on SD for disk space reasons if they were all 16:9. (I still record SOME things, like talk shows/news/documentaries often but not 100% always in SD for those same reasons.)

yeah, I changed virtually all of my OPs to All Channels to catch changes like this.

sehale likes this.
  11. boywaja

boywaja Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Northern...
    in DC, tornado warnings made the recording of The Blacklist unusable on 4/19. I'm gonna have to watch for when its available streaming from nbc.com. I dont have video on demand.

12. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    Same here. We do have OnDemand...so we'll look for it there.

13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I filled a web report on the 8pm Blacklist on 4/26. No change after a week. I'll start a new thread on Thursday if it's not fixed by then.

14. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    SF Bay Area: This week's Blacklist and Blindspot are scheduled to air starting at ~2:06AM on Saturday instead of moving to the other channel like they did previously.

(I actually watch Blindspot via Hulu, but tivo as a backup. Blacklist isn't there or I'd watch there too.)

15. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    NBC's schedule and other sites say Friday's Blacklist is indeed a two hour episode. As of tonight, both of my TiVos are still showing a 7pm Blindspot followed by a one-hour 8pm Blacklist. Hopefully TiVo catches this in time, but since I record both shows anyway, I'm hoping it's a moot point.

mattack likes this.
  16. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I filled out a lineup form last week. While you will get the 8pm recording, odds favor no SM.

17. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Yeah probably right. I filled out the form today, but I have no confidence they'll fix it by Friday. Maybe yours will help since you thought to do it early.

18. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Well, last Fridays Blacklist said that there will be a 2 hour show next Friday starting at 8 PM. That would be the 26th but as you all have said, I only show ONE in the guide. I hope they fix it but I scheduled a MANUAL record from 8-10 on Friday. I guess that will work. Why is this a problem for TIVO? Will my manual record work as ONE is set in the onepass.

OH, I am in Portland, OR.

19. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If it's not fixed by Thursday's update I'll start a more specific thread.

20. Dago Red

Dago Red Active Member TCF Club

Oct 22, 2002
    Parsippany, NJ
    This was corrected in today's update for NY/NJ FiOS. Hopefully it will stay that way until Friday.