The Blacklist S08E06 "The Wellstone Agency" (2/12/2021)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TIVOSciolist, Feb 15, 2021.

1. TIVOSciolist

TIVOSciolist Bye to High Society

Oct 13, 2003
    Oakland,...

Advertisements

What a nice tribute episode to the actor, Clark Middleton. Before the ending, I had not known that the actor had passed away in October. He was one of the best characters on the show. It was always great to see him, although I am glad that he was not overused.

IMDb does not list the actor as a cast member for this episode, although the website is sometimes incomplete or behind for episode data. I wonder what happens when a show uses a character's image so prominently but the actor does not personally appear in the episode. Are residuals still paid?

Steveknj, NorthAlabama and kpeters59 like this.
  2. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nobody gets paid residuals until the episode goes into reruns.

I imagine that, since an actor generally owns rights to his likeness, Clark's estate is getting a taste. Edit: The answer is yes, according to this article.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    mattack likes this.
  3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I knew he had died, and was wondering what they'd do when they 'needed' him in a plot.
    (Remember, they also dealt with Brian Dennehey's death -- I think they just used another actor or maybe some CGI Dennehey..)

Wow, Glen was only in 13 episodes. The one I remember most is him doing the "hold your hands on the truck to win it" one.