The Biggest Loser Season 13 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by KungFuCow, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Jan 3, 2012 #1 of 503
    KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    New season tonight sans Anna. Looks like we get Dolvett and Bob this season. They have an ex TNA pro wrestling woman as a contestant this season.

2. Jan 3, 2012 #2 of 503
    mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I'm only 10 minutes in and I'm pretty sure the dad on the gray team just called his son "Chism" and that alone made me want to throw my TV out. CHISM??? I'm a "to each his own" kind of guy but there are limits, people. That's gotta be one of the worst names I've ever heard. Seems like a good dude but he must have really resented having that kid at the time.

3. Jan 3, 2012 #3 of 503
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I don't people who get an opportunity of a lifetime and walk away. Dude! It's not like you're going to be gone forever?!!

4. Jan 4, 2012 #4 of 503
    purwater

purwater I make tasty water

Aug 25, 2005
    SW Virginia
    The pixel monster attacked my local NBC station feed and it was pretty much out all but for some brief clips at the beginning. I found my rabbit ears and managed to catch who was voted off, but it was fairly boring. I mean who leaves after a week after having so much trouble with weight? He did lose some weight at home at least so hopefully he will do OK.

5. Jan 4, 2012 #5 of 503
    KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Im mixed on this season so far. We dont have any HUGE people this season and I think thats a plus. Its kind of unfair. The numbers really showed it though and there wasnt a ton of weight loss like usually happens on week 1.

Dolvett seems to be hitting his stride and good for him. He seems like a good fit for the show. I was lukewarm on him last year but he's growing on me.

And yea, I didnt get the guy just walking away either but some people just cant handle being away from their family.

Something else, there really isnt anyone so far that I hate. There does seem to be a guy on the red team everyone else hates tho, Mike. I expect he'll be the first to go when red has to send someone home.

6. Jan 4, 2012 #6 of 503
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    It's Dolvett! Two T's and no E! :D

I noticed in the TiVo credits that the kid is credited as Isaac "Chism" Cornelison... I'm not sure where "Chism" comes from but it's not really his name. :) Although I went to high school with multiple people whose last name was Chism... I have never heard it as a first name, though. Maybe it's his mom's family name and his middle name, or something.

There was something I meant to post about last night after I watched it but then I went to bed and thought, oh I'll post it in the morning, and now I have forgotten what it was. :(

7. Jan 4, 2012 #7 of 503
    ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    I liked it and there isn't anyone I immediately despised on the show. I'm sure that will change as the show progresses and the editors do their work. :)

I like 'Santa' a lot. He seems like a spunky old guy and I hope he does well.

My wife immediately called out the team that "will not get through the doors". Wow, that's pretty brutal to not even give them a week at the ranch.

I was annoyed by the guy who dropped out right away too. I thought by splitting the teams there wouldn't be any of the "fall on your sword to protect your teammate" stuff going on. Why do you work so hard to get on the show and then quit right away? I guess he really did miss his family more than he thought he would? It just bugs me because so many people desperately want to be on the show. How does the team that didn't even get in the door feel about this guy bailing immediately? Oh well, the plus is that the action that causes us to be annoyed with him is also the action that takes him off the show so we don't have to seem him again. :) Bob is going to be annoyed though, he lost one of his strongest members of his team.

Dolvett was hilarious after his team won the weigh in.

There seems to be a lot more people on this season that are "I'm here, let's do this" rather than "It's so hard, why is life unfair?". And I like that a lot too.

So thumbs up from me, considering I was debating not even watching this next season. I think we will see several reach their goal weight (their real goal weight not Kaylee's definition of "goal weight") this time around during the show.

8. Jan 4, 2012 #8 of 503
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Yellow team mom bugged the crap out of me. She was dogging it during the 2 hour get to know your trainer workout, and then she didn't know how to play rock paper scissors?! :eek:

9. Jan 4, 2012 #9 of 503
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I thought it was kind of funny that people were thinking of voting for someone else. really the guys volunteering and you're thinking of voting for someone that wants to stay?? In his situation I can see him feeling guilty leaving his wife at home with 9 kids and pregnant.

10. Jan 4, 2012 #10 of 503
    RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    I wouldn't have an issue if they spelled it right. CHISUM. As in Chisum Trail, John Chisum, Lincoln County Wars..... And BTW, a decent movie with John Wayne.

11. Jan 4, 2012 #11 of 503
    KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Poor kid must have caught hell in school.....

12. Jan 4, 2012 #12 of 503
    xtopher_66

xtopher_66 Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Arlington...
    What's worse is that I think I heard his father call him "Chizz" on at least one occasion.

13. Jan 4, 2012 #13 of 503
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    As I posted earlier, it's not his actual name... perhaps it's only a nickname that his family uses.

I think it's a weird nickname to use for someone's first name, but it's not really that odd of a name... just another alternate spelling of the typically last name Chisholm/Chisholme/Chisum.

14. Jan 4, 2012 #14 of 503
    MLR930

MLR930 Mandie

Dec 26, 2002
    Rhode Island
    What about that Conda girl, now everytime I hear her name I hear "my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns Hun!" from Baby Got Back lol

15. Jan 4, 2012 #15 of 503
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Me too. :eek:

16. Jan 5, 2012 #16 of 503
    jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    That former professional wrestler girl was HAWT! Amazing what can happen. And like Dolvett said, I look forward to seeing how she reacts to his training.

Santa may be a "spunky old guy"... I wonder when he first hooked up with his 20-year-younger wife? :)

Who was the girl that was calling out her teammate during the weigh-in ("he's annoying")? And what was the drama behind that? I think I must have missed something there. :confused:

17. Jan 5, 2012 #17 of 503
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    You didn't miss anything... that was the first time they showed it. That was the Green Team sister, (ana)Conda, and the guy was one of the Blue Team guys. I am terrible with names, I usually only remember their colors, but I only remember Conda's because I started singing Baby Got Back when I saw her name, too. :eek:

I thought the guy was cheering for her brother when he went up to weigh in, but then she started complaining so I have no clue, and I didn't care enough to go back and listen again to what the Blue Team guy actually said. :)

18. Jan 5, 2012 #18 of 503
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I thought the "cheering" was sarcastic and nowhere near genuine. At least that's the impression I got, especially when paired with the sister's reacation.

19. Jan 5, 2012 #19 of 503
    ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    That's what I think happened. My wife thinks the guy was cheering "Come on Tank." in a negative fashion.

If so, then that guy is an idiot. Let's make sure everybody thinks I'm a jerk right away, thus making the next vote off easy for my team.

20. Jan 5, 2012 #20 of 503
    cheerdude

cheerdude Reed & Juliet's CPA

Feb 27, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    As a FYI, it's the Chisholm Trail