The Biggest Loser-Entire Season Thread

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Havana Brown, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Oct 4, 2007 #1 of 81
    Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...

Advertisements

I think this is how we did it before instead of a weekly one. We're already behind!

I'm soooo glad to have Jillian back. She rocks! I was so glad to see Amber be the first one off. She was the Biggest Whiner! Sorry to see grandpa go too, he would have done well. He did take more lbs off when he went home and look great. Patty went home, has lost more weight, but she's STILL big!!

So they're shutting the gym down for a week? Shouldn't be a problem for the black team. That's how they started off.

2. Oct 4, 2007 #2 of 81
    IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    What's with the continued....... What are they continuing.

On topic, if anything closing the gym should help the black team, they went without the gym for the time before the showed up, they're more used to improvising.

3. Oct 4, 2007 #3 of 81
    kaszeta

kaszeta $nullstring TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    I only watch this show because the SO does.

Three teams=entirely too much time spent at weigh-ins. They don't even really show them working out anymore.

That, and this is one of the worst shows on right now for spending the first minute after after ad break doing a recap... My attention span isn't that short....

4. Oct 4, 2007 #4 of 81
    bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I too hate the big recaps. 30 second skip is your friend. :p

I'm pissed they kicked off the old man. What was the logic there? To boot off the best loser? Made no sense to me. I do like the show though, these are my people. I have been there and done that (more than once unfortunately) and I can relate to their struggles. :p

5. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...

Advertisements

I hope Holly got to see her mom before she passed. I was a little choked up when they announced it.

Kim is gonna tear her team a new one after finding out it came to a tie. It was because of Phil that they won the challenge on the beach. I hope they fall apart now.

6. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Kim is such a jerk. If she were my trainer, I would fire her ass. She has no idea how to motivate people. Bob might be bit too easy but Jillian seems to get her people to work hard.

7. veruca salt

veruca salt I want it NOW!!

Jun 30, 2007
    I was thinking the same thing as I watched last night, IJLT. Kim just seems to pi$$ her people off. Jillian tends to bring out the fighting spirit in people...fighting with their previous lifestyle and habits, not their trainer. If I were paying for a trainer, first choice would be Jillian.

8. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    Bob is your friend, Jillian is your trainer and Kim, well she is kind of cute (once you get over her chest).

9. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    I haven't been watching this season, but happened to catch a commercial where they said someone manipulated the game and
    someone gains 17 pounds??
    (Not sure if that aired yet so I spoiled it).

Can anyone fill me in? That's intriguing.

10. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
  11. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    Thanks... I didn't think to search when I saw the title of this thread.

[ARTE JOHNSON]
    Very interesting.... but stupid.
    [/ARTE JOHNSON]

12. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    No problem! It was on the third page, I think.

13. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    What is up with Neil? Does anyone else think he's taking something to help him lose so much weight? I know he put on 17 lbs and then lost 33, but to drop another big number this week?

I hope Kim's last red team member goes next week so she goes too. That'll show 'em that Jillian was the best trainer all along.

14. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    My wife and I were shocked by this too. We chalked it up to him being "young" and he probably has good genetics underneath all that padding. We surmise he is a "thin person in a fat body" and his "inner athlete" is simply busting out. It never occurred to me there might be a drug involved.

I can't imagine what he could take that would cause him to lose all that weight in one week. Unless it was water weight and it clearly couldn't be based on the huge weight loss the week before. If there is a drug that can do that, I'd like some myself... If he is taking "performance enhancing" drugs that would be a fun scandal... :p

15. Casual

Casual Member

Jun 18, 2007

I don't know if Neil is taking anything or not, but I do remember the majority of the contestants from seasons 1 & 2 putting up monster numbers for like 8 weeks straight. Since season 3, the contestants have been putting up modest weight loss numbers each week.

I have a bit of inside info because a friend of my family was on one of the TBL Specials (the ones with the families) and her husband just about died from a lack of electrolytes. It was so bad that their special wasn't aired on NBC, and instead aired on the Internet only. I'm thinking that they had to drastically change the way they trained the contestants because it got to be too dangerous the way they were training before season 3. Just my guess.

16. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I was glad to see Hollie get a visit home. She really cranked at the swimming! I was really hoping to see her with her family since her mom really passed away. Why would she want to see her friends more than her family? :( I think she's going to look hawt when it's all over. You can start to see she has good facial structure.

17. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    Hollie did rock at the swimming. But I felt bad for Kae, who seemed clearly to be in the best shape (and works sooooo hard all the time, I really admire her attitude) but just wasn't a strong swimmer.

This is the first season I've ever watched this show. I'm surprized by all the "gameplay" and sabotage and throwing weigh-ins and all of that. Just seems so counter-productive to the healthy weight-loss focus of the show. Especially the throwing the weigh-ins. Is it always like this, or is this just a whacked-out group of contestants?

Also the in-show infomercials are a little over the top.

18. Jayjoans

Jayjoans Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    that "triathlon" was completely unfair. In a normal triathlon once you start the race you keep any lead you gain throughout the whole race. Essentially, this was 3 different races, ending with the swimming and Hollie is a swim coach! The others didn't have a chance. I kept yelling at the screen for Kae to relax on the bike, come in 6th, then 3rd and save your energy for the swimming. As it was, Kae worked her butt of on the bike for no benefit. If they had allowed her to keep her lead, like a real triathlon, the swimming may have been much closer.

The easy answer for me on the "pick somebody to take on your reward" is always the 2nd place person. They earned it and nobody can fault you for the decision and get po'd.

19. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    No reactions to what's her name that got voted out? I thought she was pretty hypercritical with her speech

20. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Agree 100%. That was bogus. All you had to do to "win" was win the swimming leg of the triathlon. :mad: