The Biggest Loser: Couples-Entire Season Thread ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by USAFSSO, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Jan 1, 2008 #1 of 390
    USAFSSO

USAFSSO Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Las Cruces, NM
    Thought we could do one thread again for the seasons run.

2. Jan 1, 2008 #2 of 390
    JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I'm rooting for Trent and his football buddy because he's from this area. He's worked for two local high schools.

3. Jan 2, 2008 #3 of 390
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    So far, there isn't a team that I 'hate'. At least, now that the old man is gone. He seemed pretty selfish to me, just doing his own thing, not considering about how it would affect his daughter.

I still wish they would get rid of the voting. Just make it so the team with the least amount of weight loss goes home.

Some of these people pulled some big numbers. But as always, they are going to get frustrated when they plateau.

4. Jan 2, 2008 #4 of 390
    USAFSSO

USAFSSO Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Las Cruces, NM
    Are the producers messing with these people.

Two women are all up in tears and are worried they wont make it. The get on the scale and one of the two has lost the required amount. Once they add the two together they end up in the top 5.

It looks like someone behind the scenes pushes the buttons of a few of these emotional women.

5. Jan 2, 2008 #5 of 390
    jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I'm not too crazy about the 'skinny' wife that nags her husband. OK, she's not skinny, but compared to him she's got less weight to lose. I don't remember the name or exactly what she said that made me dislike her... but I do. :eek:

6. Jan 2, 2008 #6 of 390
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Thank goodness for TiVo. These 2 hour episodes are needlessly too long!

7. Jan 2, 2008 #7 of 390
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I don't know how people watch this in real time.

8. Jan 2, 2008 #8 of 390
    brnscofrnld

brnscofrnld where is this place?

Mar 29, 2005
    NW. DC.
    Anyone else find themselve looking at some of the contestants and trying to figure out which ones will look hot at the end?

I do... is that wrong:confused::D

Anyway, I think Brittany from the blue team will look pretty good depending on how far they can make it.

I only wish i could take the time from work to do something like this.

9. Jan 2, 2008 #9 of 390
    Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    Darn! I missed this. I'll have to go see if I can find it online somewhere.

10. Jan 2, 2008 #10 of 390
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I watched this last night for the first time. Only watched because my father-in-law went to high school with one of the contestants so he told us to watch.

It really seems counter-intuitive for this show to be an elimination show. If they're really interested in helping these people, I would think that creating some other format so that all the teams could stay the entire time would be more conducive to teaching them how to change their lifestyle. How much of a change is someone going to make if they get kicked off after a week or two? I'd think that would do more psychological damage and cause the opposite effect.

11. Jan 2, 2008 #11 of 390
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    It's possible Bravo may re-air it.

12. Jan 2, 2008 #12 of 390
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Hollie from last season was a good example of someone that potentially could look good and did:

[​IMG]

13. Jan 2, 2008 #13 of 390
    dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    I admit it I watch :)

Thank goodness for Tivo or this would be nothing but a flipper. Way too many commercials and some of the worst product placement since "Apprentice"

As of right now I am neutral to all teams and just hope its a fun season to watch.

14. Jan 2, 2008 #14 of 390
    laststarfighter

laststarfighter New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I hate the "need" for most reality shows to have a Survivor vote-off, especially this show. I used to be OK with it in the early seasons because the voted off contestants went to a secondary ranch to continue working out while the show was still taping. To send home the father-daughter team after only one week seems almost cruel. If the father loses over 50 lbs by the finale then I will be shocked.

15. Jan 2, 2008 #15 of 390
    brnscofrnld

brnscofrnld where is this place?

Mar 29, 2005
    NW. DC.
    Yes she is. The picture on the right doesn't do her that much justice tho. She looked much better on the actual finally. She still looks good.

16. Jan 2, 2008 #16 of 390
    gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    I hate the voting off as well, it's stupid. I still watch for the motivational aspects, I work out so much better the day after watching! There's this mental thing I have, when I see all these morbidly obese people working out until they throw up, it makes me feel guilty and push myself harder in the gym.

After being voted off, they don't go to a secondary ranch, but the intent is they'll keep working out and dieting. At the finale they'll all come back and compete for a second prize, if it's like last season's, they'll get $100k if they win.

There's no way in hell the father/daughter team will win. He's a crotchety old man, compare him to Jerry from last season. Please.

Now for Hollie, also keep in mind she had some struggles unique to the other contestants last season. Her mother had a cancer remission and she left the campus to be with her; then later, her mother died. She still showed great losses in the end.

As far as length, this is the first episode I watched live. Usually I wait until about 45 minutes in and then skip through, but my wife promised she'd watch with me last night, and she gets tired early. We started watching about 20 minutes in and caught up about an hour in, then watched the rest live. If we'd been skipping around we would have had to watch MORE of it live. I think this one needed 2 hours but the others really don't; it's all the drama they manufacture for the weigh-ins, and having two of them in this episode just lends itself to length.

It's going to be an interesting season. And Bob said, "...at the end of the day" last night. I guess Jillian was right about her getting it from him, hehe.

Greg

17. Jan 2, 2008 #17 of 390
    USAFSSO

USAFSSO Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Las Cruces, NM
    Of course. Don't know yet. Was watching the TBL: Australia marathon this weekend on Fox Reality--Fiona ended up extremely HOT

Before [​IMG] After (loss of 65lbs)[​IMG]

18. Jan 2, 2008 #18 of 390
    IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I liked her a bit better when she left the white house. Her figure looks better but now her face looks a bit too thin.

Interesting to see that they figured out water loading their first year and yet it never happened on the US version till year 4. Also interesting that they immediately implemented a rule that gave up your immunity if you recorded a weight gain while having immunity. They need to have that same rule for our version.

19. Jan 3, 2008 #19 of 390
    mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    That doctor who was on one of the previous ones.. wow..

20. Jan 4, 2008 #20 of 390
    sixseven

sixseven New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    I missed the first episode. i would rent it on unbox if available, and nbc does not have on their site. Please PM if you can help me... :) :)