The Biggest Loser 2020 *all season spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DancnDude, Jan 28, 2020.

1. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    The new season starts tonight. I'll be interested to see how they change the formula for the new season on a new network. As much as I usually dislike all-season threads, we can start with one here but if there's enough traction, feel free to create individual episode threads.

2. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Not a positive experience or result for those on the show in the past:

Opinion | "The Biggest Loser" has no winners — except people who enjoy fat shaming

6 Years after The Biggest Loser, Metabolism Is Slower and Weight Is Back Up

tivotvaddict likes this.
  3. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Not surprising since the show always went for mass weight loss rather than reducing the body fat percentage.

Fat to Fit to Fat was a little more interesting, but then I don't know if those contestants kept the weight off either.

4. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Well it looks like they didn't drag out all the weigh-ins. They zoomed through a couple of peoples.

I thought it was funny Robert said he's there to learn how to lose the weight and keep it off. I guess he hadn't read any of the articles linked above.

5. DancnDude

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Well I finally got caught up since being on vacation last week. I thought it was a pretty good start.

The first episode was pretty predictable that the woman who had such a low loss was actually not going to go.

I liked the new discussion segment with Bob where they could air out what they were feeling.

6. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I like that it's the lowest loser on the losing team that goes. I figured the lady that went home would go home early, she was so heavy it made it hard for her to workout as hard as the others.

7. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Ouch, the 6 year later metabolism drop is disheartening to say the least.

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    ARGH, it's on USA.. That would have been nice to know.. Guess I'll set up a new OP.. looks like I can only get it starting at ep 3??

9. DancnDude

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    You can watch them on the USA website.

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    as much as I don't want to do that, I might eventually.. though I suspect USA will rerun them to heck.. so I'll just do new & repeats.