The Big C - Where are the threads?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jilter, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Aug 3, 2011 #1 of 14
    jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    Search here is really failing on this one.
    It does not like the "C".
    can someone please point to the existing thread(s)?

I LOVE this show.

Thanks,
    Jill

2. Aug 3, 2011 #2 of 14
  3. Aug 3, 2011 #3 of 14
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Search DID NOT turn up that thread when I searched for it either. I found it by searching for all threads started by me, since I *knew* I had started one (this and weeds at the same time). That worked.

:confused::confused:

4. Aug 3, 2011 #4 of 14
    Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I did a thread title search for 'the big' and it was like the 10th result.

5. Aug 3, 2011 #5 of 14
    nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Search Function is ta suck...

6. Aug 4, 2011 #6 of 14
    jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    Thanks All for the affirmation, thought it was just me.

Frustrating.....

7. Aug 4, 2011 #7 of 14
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I guess nobody is doing episode threads and there has been a 'whole season' thread started early on. I thought this was a popular show, but I guess not. I like it and continue to watch. I just don't post too often about the show becuse I'm usually behind the whole season thread.

8. Aug 4, 2011 #8 of 14
    astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Feel free to post regardless of how late you may be. I've noticed most of the posts tend to be "great season" or whatnot. VERY little real content (AKA spoilers in a Season Thread).

9. Aug 4, 2011 #9 of 14
    jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    At the risk of being teased, I have to say I post very seldom in TVT.
    Despite my trying, I really can not seem to understand the rules -
    what is ok to start a new thread about, what is not, does every season get a new thread, is it ok to discuss basics (casting, what-not) in a specific season thread, what a spoiler really is (I always thought a "spoiler" is the text you have to click on to reveal something), etc..

Embarrassing, really.
    But I do love the show, especially Laura Linney.

I have all the eps saved up for this season, and hope I will not be disappointed.

My only comment so far is I don't understand the casting of Platt.
    He rubs me the wrong way and does not seem to fit.
    Good thing she is so perfect so as to overshadow him.

10. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    You can start an episode thread any time you want, as long as the episode has already aired. Traditionally, in the past, anytime someone wanted to discuss a show, they started an episode thread, if there wasn't an existing one to post in. Episode threads have a title like:
    Mike & Molly "The Crying Game" 08/05/2011
    [show title, episode title, original air date]

Over the last few years, Season Threads have become more prevalent. While they are not for every type of show, they work well for shows that don't get a lot of posting activity. Especially cable shows, with their short seasons. Typical Season Thread Title:
    The Big C, Season Two, Summer 2011

Sometimes, show that may be more appropriate for Episode Threads, but have -zero- posting activity, have a Season Thread created, simply to give people a place to congregate. An example might by Criminal Minds, or Blue Bloods. Or Mike & Molly.:)

Some shows, because they have a high level of posting activity, or the nature of the plot/story demands unique threads, get Episode Threads. LOST is the perfect example, or Falling Skies currently.

[Aside: my views are not universally accepted. Some people question the very existence of Season Threads, and for some very valid reasons. Regardless, the fact they exist is a testament to their need.]

If you want to create a post, look to see if an ET or a ST already exists. Use Search. If you can't find one, do it! Most people appreciate the person who creates it; we're just too lazy to start 'em most of the time, but will readily jump in if they exist.

[Aside II: that's why I create so many Season Threads. I like to talk about obscure (and not-so-obscure) cable shows, so I create an ST just so we have one started.]

You will NOT be disappointed. This season is amazing. Both my wife & I now consider this must see TV.

I'm not a giant OP fan, but I like him in this role.

11. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I forgot to cover spoilers...

If you are talking about information that is NOT currently known by ONLY watching the show*, it is a spoiler. That includes previews for the next week. If you know that XXX is cast in an upcoming episode of "True Blood", that is a spoiler. Something you read online about the upcoming episodes/seasons, that is a spoiler. You should put it in Spoiler Tags. As an additional courtesy, some people give a vague clue what their spoiler is about ("Casting news"), so the reader can decide what they want to see. I'll read spoilers about casting news, but don't like spoilers about plot direction.

If you have speculation, and it is just from watching the show, you can post it. It is NOT a spoiler to speculate, as long as it is 100% speculation, and not based on "outside" info.

Spoiler rules apply regardless of Episode, Season or Series threads.

*Watching the show refers to regularly aired episodes in the US. If you watched a future episode from an unauthorized source, that would be a spoiler.

12. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    The only thread I've seen for the show is a 'whole season' thread. Those often fall off the radar quickly because a lot of people aren't caught up all the time (one of the cool things about Tivo! heh).

13. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    My post was meant as a general info post; jilter asked about posting/spoilers in general. I felt bad because no one had replied to his request for help/info, so I took the time to educate him. It was not meant as specific info on The Big C.

But... the info applies to TBC as well; you can create an episode thread any time you want, if one doesn't already exist. Or you can contribute to the season thread, where you will actually get some participation, because I promise you, if you comment weeks later on an episode thread (if they existed), you will get little to no (emphasis on NO) additional activity.

And I assure you, it doesn't fall off the radar because people are behind on watching. It is a low posting volume show. You say it like it's fact, but it's not remotely close to factual.

14. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    ah: thanks for the great explanations.
    So a spoiler is not just revealing something in posting, but the "tagging" of info that requires the reader to click to reveal?

Thanks,
    Jill