The Big Bang Theory "The Veracity Elasticity" S10E07 11/3/2016 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Nov 4, 2016 #1 of 23
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I kind of understood why Sheldon and Amy would try their living-together experiment at Penny's apartment, since that would allow them to both be away from their comfort zones and really evaluate the living situation without it being biased by familiarity.

But now that they've decided to make it permanent, why TF would Sheldon and Amy live at Penny's apartment while Leonard and Penny live at Sheldon's apartment? That's been Leonard's apartment since before the series started, and Penny has been across the hall since the series started. So why wouldn't Leonard and Penny live at Penny's, and Sheldon and Amy at Sheldon's?

2. Nov 4, 2016 #2 of 23
    jamesl

jamesl Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    yeah, I didn't understand that at all

every time he said "that's my room"
    I said, "its YOUR apartment"

3. Nov 4, 2016 #3 of 23
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I've enjoyed the last 2 episodes more than usual. I think the move to Penny's apartment has freshened up the story line.

4. Nov 4, 2016 #4 of 23
    zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    Maybe the writers just need Leonard and Penny to have a room for the baby :D

5. Nov 4, 2016 #5 of 23
    lalouque

lalouque Quilter-Cat Slave TCF Club

Feb 11, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    No no! That's the sex dungeon room!!

6. Nov 4, 2016 #6 of 23
    alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    At first, I also thought it would make more sense that P&L be at Penny's apartment and A&S be at the main set.

But now, I'm reconsidering. I think it may be because Sheldon is used to the main set apartment, so there's a bad power dynamic if Amy moves in with him - then she's still kind of a guest in his place. But Penny's is neutral territory for them, so they can have a fresh start together.

The idea of Penny moving into Leonard's place feels like less of a problem(i.e. Leonard would be less territorial than Sheldon), though they did address it in this episode with Penny redecorating the bedroom. And she's been sleeping over there for a while now(has it been a couple years?).

But now, I don't know why Leonard has to hide stuff at Amy&Sheldon's. Can't he just keep his stuff in the sex dungeon? :)

7. Nov 4, 2016 #7 of 23
    cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    [QUOTE.

But now, I don't know why Leonard has to hide stuff at Amy&Sheldon's. Can't he just keep his stuff in the sex dungeon? :)[/QUOTE] That was her stuff.

8. Nov 4, 2016 #8 of 23
    TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    They said he wasn't paying the rent. Was there some kind of agreement when Penny and Leonard first got married?

Anyway, Penny and Leonard have been sharing "his" room since they got married and spent most of their nights in there since engagement, so it makes as much sense for Penny to stay and Sheldon to move out.

9. Nov 4, 2016 #9 of 23
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    If Sheldon moved out, he wouldn't be paying rent and that's the scenario they were discussing.

And with Penny making more money than (probably) Sheldon, Leonard, and Amy, I don't think it would be an issue for them to keep the apartment.

10. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I really loved this episode. I don't remember, have Sheldon and Amy had coitus yet? I loved the Klingon and Amy and Penny's language. :D

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Once. His birthday present to her.

stellie93 likes this.
  12. jamesl

jamesl Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    wouldn't Sheldon's name still be on the lease ?

knowing his love for contracts I can't see him moving to Penny's and leaving control of the apartment to Leonard and Penny while his name is still on the lease while he's legally responsible for it (and his security deposit)

13. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    Really enjoyed the episode. We were laughing out loud during the Klingon and 'ubi-dubbi' language sparring.

Peter000 likes this.
  14. Linnemir

Linnemir Member

Apr 7, 2009
    What I really dont understand is where Penny got thebig brass ones to start hiding Leonard's valuable collectables. I understand that she thought it was all just junk, but what gave her the right to 'store' her husband's stuff without even asking? Or is it just that Leonard is so whipped that he'll accept anything as long as she stays with him?

verdugan likes this.
  15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That was the reason they did the experiment at Penny's apartment, and that made perfect sense. But now that they want to make it permanent, it no longer makes sense.

Because she's realized that Leonard way outkicked his coverage and she's got the major upper hand in the relationship, so she can pretty much do whatever she wants and Leonard will have to accept it.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Plus she probably knows him well enough to know that he wouldn't miss it...which he wouldn't have had she not been ratted out. ;)

(Which, to my mind, makes this show ENTIRELY implausible. :D)

17. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I thought this episode was possibly one of the best of the entire series thus far. Everyone's comedic timing was on fire. I particularly loved the back and forth between Sheldon/Leonard speaking Klingon, and Amy/Penny speaking Amy's made up language.

18. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    dianebrat likes this.
  19. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Right. I mistook it for Amy's made up language, Op. (S5E01, "The Skank Reflex Analysis.) I wonder why they didn't use that?

20. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    Possibly my second-favorite BBT scene of all time, only behind the "Sheldon receives Leonard Nemoy's napkin" Christmas episode.