The Big Bang Theory "The Dumpling Paradox" 11/05/2007

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by WinBear, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Nov 5, 2007 #1 of 48
    WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...

Advertisements

So much good stuff tonight.

"Penny, you're on fire." "(look) so is Sheldon"

After trouncing Sheldon, Penny saying, "Oh, Sheldon, you forgot something -- this grenade!"

The whole chinese restaurant scene followed by the Penny and girl friend dancing situation.

"The Whore of Omaha" then later "Go back to Babylon, you whore" "I thought she was the Whore of Omaha"

Then for the 4 beautiful women standing there offering to have sex with them, but they are too preoccupied with Halo 3.

I'll be back momentarily with the vanity card.

2. Nov 5, 2007 #2 of 48
    WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    Chuck Lorre Productions #193

"Show of hands, during the climactic face-scrunching moment of the sex act, how many of you out there sometimes find yourself thinking, "Gee, I must look pretty silly right about now"? C'mon, be honest... Okay, I understand. This is a little too intimate for a public conversation. How about if we do it this way: If you're alone right now, just nod. If you're reading this with your sexual partner, simply look at them, smile sheepishly, then when they smile back, suddenly twist your face into your freakiest orgasm position. If they laugh, know you're in good company. Give them a hug, hit play on the DVR and watch Two and a Half Men. If they don't laugh, hit the play button on your DVR, watch Two and a Half Men, then go out and find a new partner."

3. Nov 5, 2007 #3 of 48
    Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Is it bad that I noticed a couple of inconsistencies with their description of Halo 3? (Specifically, Halo 3 doesn't have health packs, and the plasma rifle doesn't 'charge up')

Anyway, pretty good episode. And Penny destroying Sheldon in Halo 3 was pretty good.

4. Nov 5, 2007 #4 of 48
    dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    "....assuming we could dance" that one got me

5. Nov 6, 2007 #5 of 48
    MarkofT

MarkofT ****

Jul 27, 2001
    Where Texas...

Advertisements

No one else caught "There are starving kids in India and a kid from India starving right here." comment? We had to pause on that one tonight.

6. Nov 6, 2007 #6 of 48
    IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Best line was when he asked about the thongs. "One at a time or all together like an erotic bouillabaisse". That's an nice line and one consistent with the person saying it.

7. Nov 6, 2007 #7 of 48
    LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    "See a Penny, pick it up. All day long you'll have good luck."
    "No you won't"

8. Nov 6, 2007 #8 of 48
    Mikkel_Knight

Mikkel_Knight New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Rochester, MN
    This show is absolutely fantastic... even with the forced laugh-track, a great show all-around...

I'm worried about its future though...

9. Nov 6, 2007 #9 of 48
    TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    I like how the writers/producers have infused Penny's character with compassion for her socially challenged neighbors. The stereotypical, easy thing would have been for her character to show great disdain for her geek neighbors.

10. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Well they have found a way to keep Penny around but she needs to also be the character that helps them come out of their shell, especially Sheldon.

When they panned over and Raj was still in the apartment I cracked up. Just excellent camera work to make us forget he was there.

11. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I thought it was actually pretty lame. I went back and made sure he was still in the apartment. I really don't think the other guys would have gone to bed without looking at or otherwise acknowledging him, or her going to sleep with him standing there.

Plus, this episode used "steep learning curve" incorrectly.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_curve

Though I admit I was following the same misunderstanding of the term until the other day too.

Plus, they're nerds, not geeks.

12. bonscott87

bonscott87 Done.

Oct 3, 2000
    Shouldn't be. They picked up a full season order of episodes about a month ago. Of course the writers strike will get in the way but other then that it's on for a full season and it's ratings are getting slightly better each week.

13. jerrye25

jerrye25 unsocial idiot

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes, because if they wrote what would happen in real life, it would be a laugh riot.

14. zuko3984

zuko3984 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2002
    I hope your kidding because if your looking for reality you are watching the wrong show. Really what girl who looks like penny would be hanging out with those guys. With the social ineptitude of the guys I can see them forgetting he was in the room and the way he never talks when penny is around i can see her not noticing him being still there. I thought it was a very funny moment. Just the expression on his face when the lights went out and he realized everyone forgot he was there was laugh out loud for me.

15. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    I thought this episode was very funny. I think they are progressing with each episode. I also get a modern/nerd Odd Couple vibe from it.

16. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    The problem with the "we came here to have sex with you" scene is that Wallowitz would have been all over that.

17. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Nothing says "TV fantasy" like pretty woman, geeky men.
    NTTAWWT

18. 7thton

7thton No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place

Mar 3, 2005
    I caught that as well. Tried to explain it to my wife. Failed.

19. kleinman

kleinman On the Battlements

Oct 6, 2003
    Somewhere,...
    Believe it or not my wife is the one that caught it. How lucky am I?! :p

20. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    The point is that he is pretty much invisible when women are around. Just a sight gag version of the verbal jokes.
    [/QUOTE]