"The Big Bang Theory" farewell special set for Thurs., May 16 following series finale

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Mikeguy, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    ‘Big Bang Theory’ Farewell Special Set On CBS
    (Note that the special will follow the series finale and the season finale of "Young Sheldon.")

cwerdna, Donbadabon and mattack like this.
  2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Seems like it would make more sense to bump the Young Sheldon ep to the next week, so both BBT shows could air next to each other.. but anyway.

3. lambertman

lambertman LIVE! On tape

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    That would put it outside of May sweeps.

4. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Yeah, I'm not clear on a TBBT - YS - TBBT order--part of me thinks, why not keep the TBBT shows together and just bump YS half an hour? While that might "upset" some viewers in normal circumstances, there's likely so much of an overlap of viewers between the 2 shows, a lesser issue here?

mattack and sharkster like this.
  5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Uh, it is aimed at given YS an extra ratings bump.

6. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    But the irony is that YS will probably give TBBT farewell special more of a ratings bump.

7. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Does YS need a ratings assist? I thought that it was a hit and had a real draw in and of itself.

8. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Wouldn't it be nice If the TiVo would pick this up automatically?

Going to have to look in my grid guide for this in another week. Hopefully I'll remember.

sharkster likes this.
  9. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Every show can use a ratings bump. The theory is that BBT fans will watch through because cbs doesn’t schedule with Dvrs in mind.

10. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Essex...
    This

11. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, really. It's another thing I need to try and remember to check on, since it's too early to be able to access guide data at this point.

At any rate, Thanks so much, Mike, for this heads-up! :) I wonder why it's just Kaley and Johnny. It would be nice to have the whole main cast in something like this. Either way, I'm in.

Mikeguy likes this.
  12. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Probably trying to get the people that watch BBT and not YS to give it a shot.

13. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I did a title wish list. I will keep checking but I hope that picks it up.

14. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Being the old-timer I am, I just diaried it on this laptop to come up a week ahead as a reminder so I can make sure it records. For me, using that on the computer and/or my phone, works great! :)

15. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Yep, would be nice to have all the core cast "panelizing," even though, I'm sure, they'll be seen in clips, etc. However, 1/2 an hour isn't much time--and so, of course, the answer is, it really should be an hour special. :)

When "Lost" ended, wasn't there an hour-long Jimmy Kimmel special with the "main" cast? Maybe it's time for Stephen Colbert to step up to the plate. ;)

Milk it, CBS, milk it!

16. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    It also occurred to me that this would have been best served as a one-hour special. 30 minutes gives them about 22 minutes of content - to do a farewell for an exceptionally successful, and long-running, show.

My biggest hope, at this point, is that YS continues to be successful and run for as long as it stays good. I just love the show. I love Iain and also Zoe Perry. She amazes me that I see so much of her mother, another excellent actor, in her in pretty much every way - voice, inflection, mouth movement, etc. I also adore Annie Potts as his grandmother. Fun show all around for me. :)

waynomo likes this.
  17. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Maybe we need to set up an online Petition page, for a 1-hour special--CBS still has time. ;) You're absolutely right about the 22-minute thing, for a record and $-breaking show.

18. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    My favorite YS character is Missy.

kettledrum likes this.
  19. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I like her, too. So much to like on this show! I have to admit that I'm not drawn to the dufus, older brother. But it's such a good cast all around.

(Sorry about the OT)

20. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    in and of itself? I couldn't imagine someone watching it without already being a huge fan of BBT.

I like YS, I think it's actually far far far better than I expected it would be.

Mikeguy likes this.