The Big Bang Theory [10/12/2015] - “The 2003 Approximation”

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ScubaCat, Oct 13, 2015.

1. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA

Advertisements

Penny: So, what are you thinking for dinner?
    Leonard: Well, it's Thai food night.
    Penny: Well, honey, you don't live with Sheldon any more. You can have anything you want.
    Leonard: You're right. But what? Mexican? Italian? German? Indian? Greek? Cuban? Chinese? Pizza? Barbecue? Korean? Korean barbecue?
    Penny: How about Thai food?
    Leonard: Oh, thank God.

:D

2. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I almost thought that Sheldon was about to patch things up with Amy when he was asking her to be a roommate. That would have wrapped things up too early I guess.

3. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I smiled a few times. My only laugh was the excellent vanity card.

Every sitcom ever made eventually reaches the end of the creative road. I'm afraid BBT is rapidly approaching the end.

4. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Right before Bernadette suggested it, I said "Stuart could move in with Sheldon!" Although, I like him with Bernadette and Howard. It makes for awkwardness!

Actually giving Sheldon a new roommate could inject more humorous situations into the show. They would have to learn each other's quirks and stuff which he and Leonard had already gone through.

Maybe Raj should move in with him, or even Kripke.

5. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...

Advertisements

I was disappointed to see Leonard and Penny (and the show's producers) cave in to Sheldon at the end. I wonder where L&P will sleep?

It could have been interesting to have Howard's half-brother be Sheldon's roommate. I wonder if the show will ever make use of the half-brother and father?

I hope the poor actress who plays Raj's girlfriend gets paid a minimum fee just to show up.

6. bobcarn

bobcarn Birthday Hug Monkey TCF Club

Nov 18, 2001
    Trenton,...
    I was under the impression it would continue on like it is now; they sleep sometimes in Leonard's room, and the other times in Penny's apartment.

7. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Thor and Doctor Jones, Thor and Doctor Jones...omg, I can't get that tune out of my head!

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I had the same problem.

I recommend listening to "I Am Not Jessica Chastain." That should clear it up for you! :D
    Perhaps because that's what they said? ;)

9. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    "Me and Doctor Jones, Doctor Jones Doctor Jones....
    We gotta a thang goin' on..."

Maybe I was the only one who thought of the old Billy Paul single, Me & Mrs. Jones.

10. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Considering that Laura Spencer was billed as a series regular this episode, she's getting more than minimum fee.

No word on whether or not she'll still be recurring on Bones.

And Thor would totally crush Indy.

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I was disappointed in this as well. At the beginning of the episode, I was glad to see they were finally going to have Leonard and Penny move in together and that Sheldon would need to make changes. But by the end of the episode, we were back to the status quo, which seems odd that they'd want to do this. After 9 seasons of the previous arrangement, I'm surprised they wouldn't want to shake things up a little.

12. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I thought it was a very good episode. Stuart reacting to the suggestion he move in with Sheldon was perfect. Sheldon interviewing candidates was great. The whole key thing was funny, especially when Leonard was pausing before signing. The previously mentioned Leonard and Penny talking about dinner.

Lots of funny stuff.

13. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I'm glad it was Thor AND Doctor Jones because Thor VS. Doctor Jones would be like Godzilla vs. Bambi.

14. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I thought of that immediately simply by reading the words- haven't seen this episode yet.

15. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    San Antonio
    Not me. But for some strange reason I got an impression of an Alan Parson's Project song in my head when I heard Thor and Doctor Jones.

16. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Yeah. Doctor Jones was even a bystander in his first movie! He'd never be able to handle Thor.

17. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Now that song is awesome! "For Christ's sake I am Ron Howard's daughter" and "The critics once considered me a highlight. Is this payback for the role I stole in Twilight"

18. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    And also, wouldn't it be nice for Penny & Leonard to pay 1 rent, instead of 1 1/2. That's quite a bit of money Leonard's wasting to placate Sheldon.

-smak-

19. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Pure speculation on my part, so I'll spoiler tag it.

Waiting for someone to suggest that they swap apartments, since Penny's place is (apparently) smaller.

Which results in Sheldon hanging out in the bigger apartment all the time, because Penny's place doesn't have a Perfect Spot in it.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Unspoilered, because speculation isn't spoilers...
    I can't imagine Sheldon agreeing to that level of self-inflicted change...he can barely cope with the changes that are imposed on him by others! He would go nuts (nutser?) trying to adapt to an entirely new living environment.