The Big Bang Theory - (05/05/11) - The Wildebeest Implementation

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ScubaCat, May 6, 2011.

1. May 6, 2011 #1 of 38
    ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA

Advertisements

This episode was kind of a let down after the last few which I thought were great. It wasn't bad but it wasn't really that engaging. Although I did enjoy the secondary story about Raj and the pills. That was some side effect!

2. May 6, 2011 #2 of 38
    Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    I loved the part with the 3-way chess. I see they're finally going to get rid of the dumb "can't talk to girls unless he's drinking" thing. Good.

WAAAAAY too much Penny, AFF, and Blond Squeaky. At least I was able to FF through this episode in 10 minutes due to that.

3. May 6, 2011 #3 of 38
    billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    They weren't playing Jenga right...

4. May 6, 2011 #4 of 38
    scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I think you're counting your chickens a little too soon. Those pills are obviously not the solution.

5. May 6, 2011 #5 of 38
    Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...

Advertisements

How long do you think it will be before ThinkGeek has Three Person Chess as a product?

I'm still waiting on Mystic Warlords of Ka'ah.

6. May 6, 2011 #6 of 38
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I was hopeful until the clothing started coming off....:eek:

7. May 6, 2011 #7 of 38
    Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    True that.

But, my interpretation (and hope) is that the writers have decided that Raj has finally become strongly motivated to do something about the problem, and I suspect that they'll have him succeed eventually. They've milked his "selective muteisim" for too long, and they need to move on. I see this as a sign that the writers have seen that.

While I still really like how the character of AFF is developing, this time out the interaction of the three girls was just too awkward and weird. The plot point of Bernadette being a "mole" to prop up Penny and get dirt on Pria was just too over-the-top and bizarre. I didn't find it particularly funny.

This is the first time I remember any character referring to Bernadette's "ample bosom" (when AFF suggested she hide a recording device in it). I was wondering if it was ever going to be mentioned, that Melissa Rauch is conspicuously well stacked! :up: :)

8. May 6, 2011 #8 of 38
    ct1

ct1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 27, 2003
    Maryland
    Wait, chess was basically reinvented entirely from scratch and you think they weren't playing Jenga right?

9. May 6, 2011 #9 of 38
    billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    But they weren't trying to reinvent Jenga, just play it. If there can be whole conversations about how the self-destruct sequence was perfect last episode, I think it's valid to point out that Leonard didn't make a full row when he pulled and placed on his move. Just saying.

10. blogan

blogan New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    But they said they were reinventing chess. If they said, "Hey! We've reinvented Jenga!" then it would be fine. But no, they had to start stacking pieces on the top before completing the previous layer.

11. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    lol

12. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    I also wondered why they were playing Jenga wrong. Remember, Sheldon re-invented Chess. Leonard would enjoy that. Pria likely would not approve.

13. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    What were they doing wrong in Jenga?

14. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Leonard pulled a piece out of the stack, but when he went to put it on top, instead of completing a row of three, he put it cross-ways across a row that only had two in it. You are supposed to complete each row as you build upwards, which then gives rows to play from as it gets higher.

15. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I am more amused that Leonard beat Sheldon at his own game.

16. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I like Penny and Amy, and feel like they do add to the show. But I'm really not feeling Squeaky Fromme. That character either needs some development or a fast-moving bus coming her way, IMO.

The whole 'Leonard still loves Penny and Penny still loves Leonard' thing speaks for itself so I don't need to say a thing there - sooner or later, Pria will be gone. Or maybe, after Squeaky gets hit by a bus, they can match her up with Howard. That would be funny-creepy-funny....yeah, creepy.

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I think the problem is the girls work well as a group together, but when they're split up into the Howard/Bernadette/Leonard/Priya group, there aren't any funny characters there and it's just a bore. I applaud them for trying to mix things up, but this experiment was a failure.
    Sheldon should have used the jet pack.

18. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I was wondering that too!

19. vman41

vman41 Omega Consumer

Jun 18, 2002
    I was wondering if she was pregnant.

20. JYoung

JYoung Series 3