The Bachelorette (Ali) 2010 Season Thread *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Jun 8, 2010 #1 of 42
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I decided to create a season thread as this show does not really warrant a weekly one. The following comment is from last night's episode (6/7) that I originally posted on the 5/24 thread.

Comment away...

2. Jun 9, 2010 #2 of 42
    Boot

Boot to the head TCF Club

Mar 15, 2000
    Colorado
    I don't understand why they're so focused on him. I think they're just trying to make him out as the villain to take heat off themselves. But I do think it's backfiring. Strange, since Ali was pretty vocal against Vienna last season.

I think weatherman has to go next. Well, maybe after the creepy guy with the nasal voice.

Wow, that's actually kinda sad that I'm commenting about this...

3. Jun 9, 2010 #3 of 42
    Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Frank and Jonathan (Weatherman) are getting too possessive to the point it is getting creepy.

4. Jun 9, 2010 #4 of 42
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Him and the ugly dude (lawyer?) who looks like he could never score with anyone.

5. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Boy you shoulda seen the weatherman last night. He was especially pathetic. What a loser!!

And Mr. Nasal actually got a rose. Something tells me if Ali had seen the tattoo he wouldn't have.

Roberto had the best line of the night about the weatherman: "A high pressure system is moving in."

6. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Guard and Protect! :D

7. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    LOL...she needs to be protected from him!

8. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Oh man. Weatherman shot DOWN! That was SO awkward when he tried to break in on her and Lawyer guy, and she said "no" and then went to bed with yet another guy. Next thing he knows, he's in the Limo heading home with no explanation. I honestly think that dude has a genuine crush on her... He's delusional if he thinks she was EVER going to choose him. Where do they find these people??? This show is by far my guiltiest pleasure on TV right now. :D

9. StacieH

StacieH betativowho??

Jan 2, 2009
    Between San...
    I don't watch the show, but the weatherman is Jonathan Novack. He quit his job here at the NBC station in Houston, and then announced he was going to be on "The Bachelorette". He always reminded me of a grown-up Harry Potter....

10. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    Before this last episode I really, REALLY couldn't stand Casey's voice. Now, I hate his voice and I think he is crazy. I felt so bad for Ali when he was singing to her. Ugh.

I like Frank and Chris L.

11. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Well that answers my question as to where they come from. He seems like too nice a guy for that game if you ask me. I think he actually fell in love. :p

12. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Funny but I like Ali better on this than I ever liked her on The Bachelor. So also seems hotter to me too!

13. sburnside1

sburnside1 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I'd say this season it was pretty obvious the first night who would make it to the final 4-5. The only reason we are watching before then is to watch the guys who have no chance, explain how they are a perfect match for Ali.

My guess for the final order

1. Roberto
    2. Chris L.
    3. Kirk
    4. Frank
    5. Ty

The rest are just biding their time. Ty could probably just be lunped in with the others.

14. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    She's definitely hotter now. I actually thought she was pretty average looking before the show. She knows how to dress to make the most of her shortcomings too. ;)

15. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix Brr. It's Chile here

Feb 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise has been one of my favorite shows ever since it started years ago. In fact, I used to write The Bachelor episode summaries for a reality TV website, which was a lot of fun!

I loved Ali last season. She was my favorite early on, and I even think she did the right thing by returning to work. If Jake had really wanted HER, he could have gone after her - during the show or even after the show.

She is even more smoking hot this season, but I think I like her a little less. Not sure why. Maybe it's because she seems more like an attention whore than a woman looking for love.

My predictions for her top four:

1. Roberto
    2. Kirk
    3. Frank
    4. Chris L.

She seems more transparently influenced by physical attraction than any other bachelorette in memory.

16. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix Brr. It's Chile here

Feb 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah, what the heck is up with his voice?

Me too. Especially Chris L. I wish he'd stop talking about his mom and tell Ali how much he's into HER, then ask her a few things about herself or tell her what he's all about. Maybe they have time to do all that and it just isn't aired, but I am just about ready to yell at my TV screen!

17. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I would like to ask the opinion of TCF about Chris N. To me he is a "who the heck is he" type guy but clearly he is making some impression to her and not a "drama queen" to get screen time so I think he may be the silent killer this season.

18. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    You're not going to have success unless you make yourself stand out. And Chris N. not only didn't stand out he had a very awkward silence that just did him in. He seems like a nice enough guy, just not for right for TV.

And poor Kasey. I actually felt sorry for him. But damn he made a fool out of himself. Now he has to face his family, friends, co-worker, etc. Don't these people think of the consequences of being on TV?!

I was starting to like Justin, but now he's back to being an a-hole again.

19. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Count me as someone who is shocked Chris N got so far. I only knew he was still in the competition this last ep because he is family friends of ours and I always was looking for him. Up to this ep I thought maybe he was a dark horse that was getting a great connection with Ali but wasn't causing any drama so he was not "good for tv" but it just seems he didn't ever break out of his shell really.

20. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    No offense to your friend, but he was painful to watch. :p

He seems really socially awkward. One of those people that give the really stiff and uncomfortable hugs? Yeah, one of those guys... I cringed when he did the little "punch-punch" thing on Ali's leg... He was clearly in over his head. I'm sure that's why the producers picked him though. Props to the guy for having the nerve to go on the show. Just don't think he's right for this competition dawg. ;)