The Bachelor - Juan Pablo

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, Jan 11, 2014.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA

Advertisements

Anyone watching?

I'm kinda watching the the "Countdown to Juan Pablo" right now. Couldn't watch as I was in Vegas for CES.

Just got to the tribute to Gia, who had committed suicide. :(

2. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Such a tragic tale!! Gia seemed to have so much going for her! :(

JP ... not loving him so far ....

tta

3. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Yeah. No kidding. When I 1st heard about the news a few months ago, I was really shocked.

What a tragedy! :(

4. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I was surprised to find that my TiVo record a special behind the scenes ep and a rerun of the first real ep of this season. From upcoming show data, it looks like they will be running/rerunning other specials/one-off eps on weekends.

Next weekend, there will be a 1 hour "Bachelor Love Stories" ep.

5. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006

Advertisements

Did last night's episode seem to skip about the first 10 min? All of a sudden the first single date was already decided and JP was picking her up. It was confusing.

6. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Yeah...we never saw her getting the date card.

The whole episode seemed choppy to me...

7. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I haven't watched it yet, but the 1st date card was delivered by Chris Harrison in the Sunday (behind the scenes) episode. And, annoyingly, some of the material in that ep was a repeat.

8. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I was coming here to give an update as well that it appears even though Sunday's episodes are called "specials" they are putting new content in that has to do with Monday's show. I recorded HIMYM and Bachelor and decided due to the amount of TV on I was going to skip the Sunday special and watch it later since I thought it was a behind the scenes/extra footage that was separate. Guess I will have to watch Sundays' specials beforehand and just use my FF button.

9. ngsmith

ngsmith Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Lawrencevill...
    Another reality star opens his mouth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tar-says-gays-not-hit-TV-calling-pervert.html

The star of this seasons ABC's The Bachelor, has provoked outrage by calling gay people perverted and saying they should not be allowed on the hit TV show.

Juan Pablo Galavis, 32, was asked about his views on having a bisexual or gay version of the popular program when he candidly declared that a homosexual version of The Bachelor would not be a good idea.
    'There's this thing about gay people... it seems to me, and I don't know if I'm mistaken or not... but they're more 'pervert' in a sense. And to me the show would be too strong... too hard to watch.'

10. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Nor Cal
    Well, ok then, Thanks for the input JP.
    :rolleyes:

11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I don't watch reality shows but don't the people who run these shows interview the cast? Controversial viewpoints like this should have been red flagged early on.

12. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Oh, but he didn't really mean to say 'pervert'. English isn't his first language.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

13. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Anyone still watching?

I was surprised to see the Tesla logo not blurred out. Ditto for the Chevy logos on the vans in Korea. I guess they were willing to pay ABC.

I didn't realize until the end of the performance that I'd actually been in that mall in Seoul. It was Seoul Times Square (http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=834090#). I'd stayed at http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/selcy-courtyard-seoul-times-square/. That was probably the nicest Marriott Courtyard I've ever stayed at.

14. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I am watching.

The girls I like the most are the ones the other girls hate!

15. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    They're not really trying to weed out controversy, I'd say.

16. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    I've been watching the whole thing and didn't remember seeing this. What a waste. Does anybody know if she was an organ donor. I hate to see someone throw away their life and not pass something on to the people who want to live. That's just selfish.

BOT, I have watched most seasons of this show. I always have mixed feelings at the beginning of a season when they are using a non-American, but Juan Pablo is sort of an exception in that we already knew him. And I've got to say that this has been one of my favorite seasons so far. I haven't really disliked any of the women. The "Dog Lover" sort of annoys me. Ironic, huh. But all in all, I don't really have anything against any of them.

Spoiler alert for 2/3 episode:

So I guess it's pretty apparent that they had sex in the ocean. Nobody gets that twisted up over just some dry humping in the water. And what the hell is JP's problem? He could just get them to edit it out enough to make it look clean, which they obviously did anyway. Retrodog's note to JP: Never express regret about having sex with a woman who you want to have sex with again...dumba$$.

In any case, I'll keep watching. I'm still trying to figure out if Sharleen is an incredible woman or annoying as hell. Yes, those are the only two options. :D

17. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    He didn't just express regret - he made her feel like SHE did something wrong.

I guess he forgot he was there, too...:rolleyes:

This guy is looking more and more like a d-bag with every episode. There is something really disingenuous about him...

18. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    My wife and were yelling last night at the TV!!

What an a-hole making her feel guilty! What a tool!

19. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    If I were her, I would tell him to shove his rose up his posterior.

No one should be desperate enough to take that crap.

I can't believe ANYONE could not think he acted like a tool...:mad:

20. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    Or maybe it just proves that women are the not the only ones who feel guilty the day after and want to take it out on the one they slept with. :D

And if we're being totally honest here, she was the one who came knocking at 4:00 AM for a booty call. ;) She thought it would give her advantage over the other women. I think a lot of her crying was because she realized that she gave the milk for free (metaphorically speaking) so he has no need to buy the cow now.

Disclaimer: I'm not defending him at all. Just an observation. And I still think he was a complete ****** for laying that guilt trip on her.