The Bachelor - Finale 5/21/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jlb, May 22, 2007.

1. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT

Advertisements

Yes!

I am so glad Andy picked Tessa and not Bevin. Bevin was a great choice also, but I think Tessa was a much better choice. More down to earth.....A great pick.

Some other LOL moments....

Grandpa all horned up. And clearly, by the end of the evening, Grandma seemed like she had had a few too many......

I really feel like this one could stick. Anyone else agree?

I also like having the "After the Final Rose" thingy actually after the finale and not stuck one episode before. That always seemed weird.

I hope they make it.

Oh, and by the way, I really am a sap. I got misty with the crescendo of the "Up Where we Belong" music........My wife thought that was kind of humorous. Oh well. What can you do.

2. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Although I was pulling for Bevin, I too agree that this may work. I still do not see what he sees in Tessa though. But the editing may have a lot to do with that. There was no passion. But sometimes those things are hard to do when there's a camera crew following you around. Maybe Tessa will loose up with the cameras off (hopefully for Andy's sake!)

Must I state the obvious...Bevin should be the next Bachelorette!

3. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I don't think they are doing the Bachelorette anymore. There just isn't as much good TV...

I'd rather watch the claws come out......

4. SuperZippy

SuperZippy Instigator

Feb 11, 2002
    Southern...
    bevin was horrible...

so glad to see her lose...

5. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC

Advertisements

For once, the one I thought he would pick got picked. He did seem much more thoughtful and compassionate than pretty much any other Bachelor previous.

6. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    Yep, he picked the one I thought during the episode. Of course, I missed the first hour, so only saw from his time with Tessa on. I was surprised when he told her 3x on their date that he loved her. I always thought that was against the rules since other bachelors have had to keep mum about their feelings.

I still did waver a little about who he'd pick: The girl he really loved, but who most likely isn't ready to fully commit to him yet, or the sure bet who is totally ready to get married and settle down right NOW! Glad he chose love over "the sure thing", just don't think it will last.

They do have one thing in common: Their stilted communication skills. Like my husband said, they'll never have the problem of talking over each other. ;0)

7. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    P.S. I'm sure it's part of the deal of being "The Bachelor", but if I were the one he proposed to, I think I'd get cold feet about him still "not knowing who he'd propose to" on the day of the proposal. I hate that they do that, it cheapens his real decision...but I do understand that they do it to add drama.

P.P.S. I loved the collage that Tessa made Andy. That was the most thoughtful and meaningful gift I've ever seen given on the show.

Byron is still my favorite Bachelor (and Mary is my fave bachelorette). ;0)

8. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    the give away all season was andy always added "Please" when he asked Tessa to accept the rose.

9. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    The old "play hard to get" routine. Works every time with high achievers. Bevin was a complete mess. The desperation was just pouring off of her. She was trying very hard to keep it together, but there's a high maintenance crazy woman lurking just beneath the surface. Anyone that would choose "octogenarian sexual dysfunction" as a career path must have issues. Maybe it's a Bahai thing? Tessa was way better wife material. :p

10. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    My Wife and I both thought that too. I honestly don't know if the guy is capable of expressing his true feelings very well anyway. He and Tessa make a good match.

I mean, come on... Did he really have to tell both girls he loved them in the exact same way? "I FRICKIN LOVE YOU!?" I'm gonna guess that's a line that worked for him once upon a time, but it's pretty lame if you ask me. That dude is a stuffed shirt and most of his "emotion" just seemed feigned to me. I'm betting even with the cool car and the fact that he's a doctor, he hasn't had many lady friends. He's just way too stiff.

11. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    Yep, when he finally did get an emotion said, it sounded like he tried to quote a line from a movie or something (too bad it never came out near as smooth, lol). Kinda odd.

12. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I just saw the reunion show and yeah... there is really something odd about that guy...It ALL seems so fake. "The Soup" was making jokes at his expense last week and insinuating that he's gay. Ostensibly making Tessa his unwitting beard. Nah... That could never happen. Especially in the military. Interesting theory though. :p

13. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Katbug,

Did you ever figure out who Tessa reminded you of?

14. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    Nope...it's gonna bug me until the day I die (or until I forget all about this season tomorrow, lol).
    I still have to watch the reunion show...love watching the claws come out. ;0)

P.S. I went out on a date with a guy while in the Army...couldn't figure why there was no chemistry (he had the looks, personality and the rank...the complete package). Found out later that he was gay. Go figure.

15. NewLeaf

NewLeaf New Member

May 23, 2007
    I don't think he is that odd. Yeah he has the Pinnochio thing going, but I think he is genuine for the most part. My guess is when you are put in front of millions of 'critics', you are not always YOU....some of it may be contrived or forced a little, but I think he did a good job and was respectful and diplomatic. I thought he did a good job at being direct and honest (as he could have been).

I am NOT gay and watched this season with my wife - that said....did this guy have the biggest freakin chest? Not muscles, but the rib cage or something. Ok, enough :eek: