The Bachelor episode 2 OAD 1/9/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Jan 10, 2012.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Courtney seems like an awful person and I can't believe Ben doesn't see through her. I wanted to slap her when she said "how does that taste coming out of your mouth".

At least he saw what a basket case Jenna is.

I don't think Blakely is all bad. She was just joking around when she was saying the rose was hers and the other women were over-sensitive. The hiding in the luggage room was overdramatic, but I guess I would want to hide too if 18 women were talking **** about me.

2. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    There's a full-season thread for this show. Based on past years, there's not enough interest for a thread/episode.

3. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    That is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Season threads inhibit discussion because they exclude anyone who does not watch each episode in real time.

What kind of car is that Ben drives?

4. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I'm enjoying this season so far. I think they have a nice mix of girls and Ben is more interesting than he was on the Bachelorette.

I'm glad Ben got rid of Jenna--she didn't seem to be dealing well with the situation. That was a mercy killing.

I thought Courtney seemed really sweet on her date with Ben and am going to try to not judge her on what might have been some poor attempts at joking with the girls. I would suspect that a beautiful model like her might live a rarified existence that doesn't lend itself to interacting well with others. Her defensive, stuck-up, competitive sides are coming out. I'm going to give her a chance.

Blakely....what to say about her. I think she needs to tone down how she dresses. She is coming off more skanky than sexy. I also think her aggressiveness about hogging time with Ben is going to come back to bite her. It puts him in a bad position, as well as pissing off the other girls. I always wonder why the girl currently with Ben always gives up when a new girl comes. Why not just say, "Can you give us 5 more minutes?"

5. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    Courtney is channeling Michelle Money, but in a slightly more refined manner.

Blakely is listed as a "VIP Cocktail Waitress". That puts her squarely in the "professional hot chick" profession, which is about as big and red as a red flag can be, for me.

I'm sticking with Kacie B. as the winner: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=8883660#post8883660. She's so perfect she almost seems like a plant.

6. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    My wife and I were speculating about this last night. It appears there is a rule that requires the Bachelor to allow cut-ins.

I can't recall a Bachelor or Bachelorette ever declining a cut-in.

7. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    Kacie B. does seem like a winner, but so does the "first impression" girl on the horse.

8. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Yes, and it seems the producers must encourage the women to butt in.

9. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    She seemed really off in last night's episode. She couldn't maintain eye contact with Ben, and she could hardly say anything. I don't think there's any there there.

10. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Some of the women when they weren't all dressed up properly didn't look very good. Erika at some points looked ugly. Kacie B. at one point didn't look great either.

Jennifer at some points looked a little thick. Was it just me?

11. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    No, I agree with both Erika and Kacey B.

Although Kacey B still looked pretty out of makeup.

12. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Blakely.. Uggh..

Most of the women seem interchangeable this season (except Blakely and one other I'm about to mention). Except for her annoying crying in bed last night, that woman (see, I'm not good with names) seemed like one of the few overall attractive women (i.e. not just looks). Though she had a butt chin.

13. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Wasn't the crying in bed one Jenna, who got the boot?

14. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    Yes, Jenna was the crying one. Blakely was the one hiding behind a suitcase.

15. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    It has been confirmed that Emily Maynard is going to be the next Bachelorette. She is the blonde who Brad Womack chose, but (shocker!) it didn't work out. She is the one who had the race car boyfriend who died in a plane crash and then she found she was pregnant. Anyway, they are breaking with tradition and filming in Emily's hometown of Wilmington beginning in March.

16. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, I guess I didn't quite make it clear enough that I thought it was a bummer that she was eliminated, since (except for the crying, and yes you can joke that that's all she did), she seemed to be one of the best women.

17. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    She was cute but her downsides were the crying, stumbling when talking to Ben (too much to drink?) and over-analyzing. If she were able to stick around longer, I guess we would've had more entertainment.