The Bachelor 1/23/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Tracy, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I am glad we are weeding out some of the girls who haven't really been featured. It makes it easier to keep track of things. Kasey B. still seems like the leading contender. I don't think the producers would paint Courtney in such an ugly light if she were the winner.

2. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Courtney is mean. Does anyone else feel there is something "off" about her?

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Agree.

I was a bit surprised about Samantha going. She was quite attractive. Interestingly, http://realitysteve.com/2012/01/24/...tney-robertson-emily-obrien-bachelor-pad-3/3/
    claims
    I felt bad for Emily and didn't think she was really out of line. Ben's reaction seemed to be that of cluelessness. It was frustrating. But then, again, he's not shown anything about what's going on around him.

A friend of mine last night told me that she'd read that on Reality Steve (haven't found the post) that Courtney would be the winner and Kacie B would be eliminated at one of the hometown dates. She wasn't clear if this was just a guess or some leak from an insider. If Courtney turns out to be the "winner", oh boy... I can't see it lasting long, esp. if Ben sees her true colors.
    I do find it interesting that across all season of The Bachelor, that some women can't get along with others and have more male friends then female friends. It seems that the two go hand in hand.

It'll be interesting to see if Intermurph's predictions come true...

4. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I'm not a super spoiler freak, but I try hard to avoid the Reality Steve spoilers because they are usually at least close to right. May I respectfully ask that we don't post them in these threads? To try to restore some of the mystery, I will say that I accidentally saw something that said that in regards to Courtney, RS got it initially wrong. I won't say if the above spoiler was the first leak or the corrected one.

5. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    Oh, let me clarify....the info about Samantha is good stuff because it already happened and just gives more detail. I'm more unhappy to hear the other result stuff.

6. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    ^^^
    My bad. Sorry about that. If I post anything in the future from Reality Steve, I'll spoilerize it. I have no idea how right/wrong he is as I have no time nor motivation to spend much time reading anything on that site.

As for InterMurph's post, he/she left it out in the open and I have no idea if he/she is right or not. Their previous prediction was amazingly correct for who "won" on Bachelorette by not for who the next Bachelor was going to be.

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Thanks for giving away the ending. Why would you even post something like that without putting spoiler tags around it?

8. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    It's not too late to edit your post and spoilerize that line. I recommend that you do this, as it can completely ruin the viewing experience for some people.

btw - Reality Steve is right more often than not.

9. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Who me? Sorry... :eek::( I've spoilerized stuff now.

I have no idea if anything Reality Steve or Intermurph posted will come true. Intermurph didn't spoilerize his/her prediction which was in the first thread for this season of The Bachelor.

Intermurph's prediction during Ashley's season was dead on for the "winner" but wrong for the next Bachelor. When I saw his/her post, I didn't consider it a spoiler and I just dismissed it since I had no idea if any of it was right/wrong.

10. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    I don't know who Intermurph is, but from the spoilerized posting above, s/he appears to be just a reader of this forum. So the comments were taken as speculation, not actual "factoid-spoilers". The difference here is that RealitySteve makes a living by publishing a website specifically to 'spoil' the bachelor. He has sources that give him information each season, one of his pre-season postings gives specific, accurate details about every episode. You might consider RealitySteve to be speculation as well, but since he runs a website purporting to spoiling the show, he should be spoilerized here.

Oh, and by the way: Emily (from Brad's season) has been announced as the next Bachelorette. (Intermurph "predicted" it would be Nikki.) RealitySteve posted that information a few days before it was officially announced.

11. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    At the end, when Ben announced where they were going next (I don't even remember where he said) and Courtney said "I just got back from there" I didn't even know what to make of her. And then with the "I can toast higher than all of you". I swear she is a 5 year old in a woman's body. Ben is an idiot for being so into her.

12. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    It was just a prediction. I watch the show, and I don't have any inside info at all.

It wasn't that hard to predict that Ashley would pick J.P. I missed on the "next Bachelor" prediction because I never thought the producers would pick a dud like Ben F.

I'm still looking good with my prediction of Kacie B as the winner. My "next Bachelorette" pick isn't looking so good, based on the discussion of Emily.

But I will defend to the death my "Blogger Jenna will be crying on Bacehlor Pad this summer" prediction.

13. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    re Kacie B.: I hope you are right; would make me enjoy the season so much more.

re Jenna: agree 100%