The Apprentice - 12/9/10 Finale?!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, Dec 10, 2010.

1. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx

Advertisements

Wow! No live finale! Budgetary reasons?

Anyway, I thought Brandy was chosen for obvious reasons. She's young. She's pretty and most of all she has no southern drawl!

Clint would have been a better choice. He has more experience and at 40 yrs old with a wife and kids deserved a break. I have no doubt the exposure is going to help him though.

This season was disappointing. Bring back the Celebrity Edition!

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah she was the right choice.

I think that girl maybe smiled twice all season... :)

The didn't do the big drawn out live mess because ratings sucked big time for this one.

I like that they just cut to the choice and end things...no ned to draw it out over 2-3 eps.

Celeb one starts January I think.

3. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Just googled this. Supposedly starts Spring '11. Looks like a pretty good cast to me. Gary Busey?!! I'm there! And where did they find David Cassidy?

La Toya Jackson – Singer
    Mark McGrath – Singer
    Star Jones – Talk Show Host
    Lisa Rinna – TV Star (Days of Our Lives)
    Dionne Warwick – Singer
    Richard Hatch – 1st winner of Survivor
    Jose Canseco – Baseball Player
    Niki Taylor - Super model
    Meatloaf – Singer
    Marlee Matlin – Actress
    David Cassidy – Partridge Family
    Hope Dworaczyk – Playboy
    Lil John – Rapper
    Gary Busey - Actor
    NeNe Leakes - 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
    John Rich – Big & Rich

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Looks like another fun train wreck in the making !!! We're there!

5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

Wow, a celebrity edition of something where I've heard of over half the celebs (13 out of 16). That's pretty impressive, especially considering how poorly the show has been doing lately.

6. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    If that really is the list of celebs, I might actually have to watch again. I skipped this season of Apprentice and while I hate that Trump basically just keeps people around for his own (ratings) reasons it can still be entertaining. There are some interesting celebs on that list.

7. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Worst. Finale. Ever.

8. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    The drunk tank

9. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I was surprised that the blond chick that went out a couple of weeks ago was hired by Trump for something else. That may also happen for Clint. I really liked him.

Brandy did a pretty good job all season, plus she pulled off the last task without a teammate because Trump whisked her away to the golf course*. Wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't get offered something from Trump also.

*This was the same person that made the mistake with the prizes... she might've told Trump about her poor decision while carting around with him during the day.

10. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    LOL-you beat me to it ! :D

11. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Not sure how long Cassidy will last because Khloe Kardashian was fired for having/dealing with a DUI.

12. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    It was a drag the way the Minnelli spelling error was resolved so quickly and painlessly. I had really hoped Clint was going to have to deal with that. The end was so anti-climactic.

13. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Clint really should have won. I felt like Brandy just skated most of the season. Clint got heavily involved in every task and generally did a good job. But Brandy, if she wasn't project manager, seemed to "check out" on some tasks if things weren't going the way she liked.

I actually liked this season. Maybe not the best "regular" Apprentice season but it kept my interest. I looked forward to watching it every week. Its too bad that it can't get the ratings the Celebrity Apprentice gets, but I guess that's understandable given America's TV preferences these days. :(

14. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
    I thought Clint was possibly the most skilled and charismatic player on any non-celebrity Apprentice so far.

15. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    Ditto.

I am actually a lil shocked he didn't win. Thought he had it in the bag.

As far as those celebs.... Lil'Jon :eek: seriously?!

16. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I think Clint should have won as well.

The WTF for me was no loser speech or contestant update for Clint at the end.

17. mclark11

mclark11 New Member

Feb 19, 2003
    Clint's education and background made him a shoe-in to be the apprentice. I do wonder why the girl was picked. Though she's no dummy, Clint was the best person for the job. here's my thoughts
    1. Trump liked the way she looked. I kind of dismiss this because he has tons of ways to be near pretty girls so I don't think this is it.
    2. NBC pushed him to pick a girl. Although a woman has won in celebrity apprentice, no girl has won on this standard show. I think this is the most plausible reason to make the pick he did.
    3. Maybe he's afraid of being seen as a chauvinist and picked the girl for this reason.

18. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Rather than quote the last several posts, I'll just post my opinion on why Clint didn't win:

Y'ALL

I have a feeling (fair or not) that his constant "y'all"s during the final task (and throughout the season, for that matter) could have been the nails in his coffin. No matter how much paper he had, no matter his CEO in a box speeches, I just don't think Trump could get past the hickness. And Clint telling Trump he wasn't faking and that's his normal conversational style may have sealed the deal for Brandy.

19. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    This isn't right. Kendra Todd won season 3, and Stefani Schaeffer won season 6, both of which were "regular" seasons.

20. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I too was surprised Clint didn't win. My only problem with the finale was that it seemed so rush. There really wasn't even much board room and Trump really never gave a reason for why he even picked Brandy. To me, it looked like Clint had this in the bag!

and why was everybody afraid to throw Leeza under the bus for picking the golf clubs?