The Amazing Race - Switzerland 4/27/14

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TonyTheTiger, Apr 27, 2014.

1. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006

Advertisements

Well, for those who think it's unimportant to get along with the other racers, this one's for you!

Brenchel's attitude just plain sucks, IMO. I agree that it's a race and when it's important, they race. When it's not, they enjoy their time traveling around the world and help each other!

Bravo to Dave and Connor for finding the quickest way to get to Phil. As they said, they wouldn't stand a chance in a foot race, but they found a way to win - and what a prize!

The girls have another lucky escape. I'm not sure I expected this to be a non-elim this week. I'm sure the others will help them if they can to get ahead of Brenchel. I really thought they were going this week, but I knew that the blondes would have a problem with those milk churns.

2. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Getting along with everybody else didn't help the country girls all that much. They got lucky that it was non-elimination.

3. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    I don't get how Brendan and Rachel's attitude sucks. The afghan guys want them out and the cowboys so they will have the 2 teams they see as weaker in the end. The girls and D&C want a love fest.

It's a competition... I just don't get helping someone unless it's to your advantage.

4. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    #AccidentalAllianceBurnItWithFire

Country Blondes get more help. The Karmic Gods need to strike down whoever helps them next.

5. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA

Advertisements

I'm with NJ Chris on this. How does their attitude suck? They u-turned a team? Boo hoo. It's a race. They didn't cheat or do something sneaky like the Afghanimals did to the Cowboys (tell a tuk tuk to cut off their taxi.)

You can say that it was a poor strategic decision to U-turn D&C, but you can't say that their attitude sucks.

Instead of playing the victims like D&C, they are there to race.

6. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    The worst attitude I saw was Dave and his mocking of brenchel

7. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    This.

I also found it interesting that Dave and Connor didn't help the girls at the museum. So much for them being in an alliance.

I'll be disappointed if the girls win the whole thing. They clearly are a very weak team.

8. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I'm tired of hearing how Dave is a 60 year old guy, a dad, a nice person, etc. CLEARLY, that 60 year old guy is in good enough shape to run this race again. Had he not been fit, the producers wouldn't have cleared him to do it.

I don't like Brendan and Rachel, but not because of how they're running the race. I'm just tired of seeing them on tv (in fact, I'm tired of seeing most of these people again).

This is a race for a million dollars. Do these teams in the alliance not realize that they're going to actually have to stop helping each other soon so someone can win?

deb

9. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Of course they do. That's why there is always a alliance of three teams trying to make it to the final three. Make it to the final three and then race like hell.

I knew the blondes were screwed when I saw Connor doing the Milk task. The weight of those full jugs coupled with trekking through the snow, there was little chance they were going to do it quickly.

Of course I am jealous of all of them. The scenery was AMAZING!

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Agreed. I guess it's fair that this was a non-elim leg because it would suck for them to be eliminated on a leg where everyone was so close and the only real differentiator was that the guys were all strong enough to do the task quickly while the girls took longer because they're not as strong.

I was surprised at least one team didn't just automatically know the year of the Mustangs. I can tell the years on the 65-68s just by looking. I wonder if getting the clue required them to actually do the math, or if they could have just read the clue and told the guy "1965" if they knew the year.

Did Phil say that Dave & Connor would each be getting a new Mustang? In the past, Phil has been very demonstrative in saying "you will EACH be getting ..." but I don't remember him doing that this time.

11. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I didn't hear him say anythign specific, either. Which is ok with me because I don't think I could have taken the whiny diatribe Dave would have launched into about how unfair it is that they'd only get one.

I'm pretty sure each of them would get one - that's a pretty great prize if they do.

12. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    They both get one. There was a Ford ad at the end that stated that fact. It said something like...

"Congratulations to Dace and Connor, who each get a new 2015 Mustang".

As for racing, we saw at the end that even though they have an alliance, all teams are there to win when they were all in the gondola headed to the top of the mountain and rushed out to get to Phil first. D&C found the elevator that gave them the advantage because, as everyone stated, they wouldn't have a chance in a foot race.

As for the Brenchel thing, I don't dislike them because they want to win. I know ALL the teams want the million dollars, but it's the WAY they do things. I agree it shouldn't be a lovefest, but as we saw, the Afghanimals U-Turned D&C, but it was understood that they had no choice and they were all able to continue without animosity.

I guess this is something we can all disagree on. What we need is someone from another thread to come in and tell us the definitive 'right' call! ;)

13. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I was really hoping that Rachel would have done the milk task. That would have been entertaining.

14. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I guess I haven't paid attention to how many non elims there have been but I was blindsided last night. I figured they would get down to 4, next week down to 3 and the finale was May 11 but I was off a week.

15. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This. I REALLY REALLY can't stand Brenchal, but for someone who's supposed to be running the race with more class and dignity I thought that they were exhibiting the same behavior they complained about Rachel. I thought that Rachel was really just fine considering what they were up against. (Although I could have done without all of the "I don't need any friends" stuff, even Phil had to throw in with it).

As far as them teaming up. It only helped a little as it turned out. I'm not sure the finish would have been any different had they all worked independently. Now if they help the girls on their penalty task, then it could have an impact.

16. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Totally rooting for anyone but Dave and Connor and the Country Girls. What a bunch of mean spirited children.

If you had asked me at the start of the season, it would have been anyone but the Afghanimals, but they have improved like 1000% this season over last.

17. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Call me crazy, but I'm starting to suspect that Ford has some kind of sponsorship deal with TAR.

18. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    They have definitely redeemed themselves this year for sure although a little of their old attitude showed when they were taunting the cowboys in the lift.

I did think it was funny that they said they could beat the cowboys in a sprint to the mat but that they still came in behind the cowboys.

19. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Could not agree more! "Oh, who would dare to U-Turn this 60-year-old reincarnation of Mahatma Gandhi?!? :eek: "

Geez. It is a frickin race, and Brenchels have done nothing but run a clean race. U-Turn's are part of it, and if you don't want to get U-Turned, get to the post first.

20. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat wPod TCF Club

Oct 11, 2008
    I wondered that, too. I'm not a huge Mustang fan but there were so many of them around when I was growing up that I probably could have got the model years right on three or four of them. Also, most American cars of that era have the model year listed on the tail light lens, so I could have double-checked my guess.