The Amazing Race S32E06 (OAD 11/18/2020) - I'm Not Even Walking, I'm Falling

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Nov 19, 2020.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Even though we had two episodes running back-to-back, I'll keep the threads separate since people contributing to this thread in the future may not watch them back-to-back...

LlamaLarry likes this.
  2. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I missed the previous episode due to TiVo / guide data shenanigans and couldn't find anywhere to watch it except CBS AA which I don't have and don't want to get. Sadness :(

I was kind of sure that Blondies were not going home, and that it would be a non-elim leg, just by how the editing was done. I can't point to anything in particular it just seemed that way. They are amazingly lucky... because they are really not very good racers!

Football bros seem pretty clueless about how they are beginning to be perceived by at least some of the other teams, as all take and no give. I will be honest and say I can't really remember whether that accusation is true overall or just seemed true in this episode. Of course, they couldn't really know that it would take Hung and Chee so long to find a taxi. But, since Chee waited around for them they should really have handed off the first taxi to them, that is if they wanted to keep the alliance strong anyway.

I can't remember a previous season where there's been such a wide and strong alliance that has both been SO cooperative, and also held together so long.

I wonder if the teams "on the outs" understand just how much cooperation is happening, or if it's restricted to in-race situations that are well-hidden.

Steveknj likes this.
  3. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Didn't the football player tell the girl she had to find the letters in lights to figure out the word. She was able to do it while they were strapping her in. There is no way she would have found them if not forewarned because she was so scared. I think that was a big give for all teams that were able to use her info.

DancnDude, stellie93 and andyw715 like this.
  4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    the ep is available at cbs.com for a week after airing at no charge.

5. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA

Advertisements

Oh, I wanted to say: what an amazing idea for Hayley (wasn't it?) to go asking for help to solve the puzzle. To me that's a great AR hack and I'm surprised that more teams don't try stuff like that.

True, Gary did give Chee the heads-up to look for the letters. Good point.

Also regarding the taxi thing: I'm a little confused by how it played out because I thought Chee would tell Gary, then he would wait for the next person (I can't remember who was behind them) and meanwhile Hung and Chee would get a taxi. But somehow it didn't work like that, or maybe Hung and Chee just got unlucky looking for a taxi? It was hard to understand what happened the way it was edited.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  6. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    FYI: Hung is the wife. Chee is the husband. Gary is the white guy. DeAngelo is the black guy.

I agree that Hung & Chee should have left once she gave DeAngelo the answer and relied on him to tell Maddison, like he did after he told Maddison to tell Will. I'm not sure why they waited around.

7. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    For Hung and Chee I knew that: I'm not sure how I got that reversed :(

For Gary and DeAngelo I couldn't remember their names so I went to the AR website and just used the order under their picture: There DaAngelo is on the left but "Gary" is the name on the left :-/. However looking closer it seems like many of the names are reversed. Sigh.

8. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I don't know what was in the clue that had almost all the teams miss the fact that they had to solve the word clue. If feels like almost all the teams missed it.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  9. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    like connecting the horn? :) they're not paying attention to the clues, bad for them, but good entertainment. ;)

10. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I missed this one because last week my TiVo recorded a second one of E5 even though it was labeled as E6. I was able to get it on the regular CBS app luckily, because we don’t have All Access either.

11. tigercat74

tigercat74 Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Aug 7, 2004
    Powell, TN
    That is the nice thing about YouTube TV. It will normally have the VOD version along with the DVR version if something happens to the DVR one.

12. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Our TiVo got them both. It's also showing 2 episodes next week.

13. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    thanks for pointing that out! it's in my tdl, but i hadn't noticed - amazing race is one of the few shows i enjoy watching back-to-back eps (on time delay).

14. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I believe it just said they needed to answer a question when they reached the bottom

15. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    CBS All Access streams most of their recent episodes (I am not sure what the threshold is for "recent") at no charge even to non-subscribers... But you need to do it from the browser-based website... As a non-subscriber you are definitely locked out of ALL content if you try and access from their smart TV apps...

16. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Ugh...the Cal siblings can't go an episode without mentioning that they went to Cal... Highly irritating... Comes across as elitist...

It's a common phenomenon though... I have friends who went to Stanford and Harvard, and they always find a way to fit a mention of their alma mater into every day conversation... LOL...

LlamaLarry likes this.
  17. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I used the regular CBS Apple TV app. It asked if I wanted to do All Access or regular, and I said regular and just had to do the confirmation process for an Xfinity user, then I was able to stream it.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  18. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Oh nice... I wonder if that’s new and whether it works on other platforms... will have to give it a try...

19. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    Yeah, that made no sense instead of just handing off the answer to the next party and telling them to pass it on. Hotels usually have a lot of taxis, but hoping that they had 5 at the same time might a reach at night.

Hung and Chee then appeared to be standing at the intersection hoping for taxis to somehow come to a stop right after passing the light, and both waved side by side instead of maybe splitting up. It all worked out, but their issue was a misplay on their part, not really something they should pin on the NFL players.

stellie93 likes this.