The Amazing Race S32E03 (OAD 10/28/2020) - We're Makin' Big Moves

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Oct 29, 2020.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

I am not caught up yet...but creating the thread for this week's episode!

2. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Episodes like this really make me think about the show's editors.

"What did you do all day at work, honey?"
    "Blurred out the boobs of Amazon tribeswomen."

Meanwhile, someone else was eagerly adding the music sting for "you didn't fully read the clue and left your shopping bag behind" a bunch of times.

getbak and NorthAlabama like this.
  3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    hah! yeah, there were a few stings, and more than a few blurs.

my favorite quote: "we are not planning on asking will and james why they u-turned us, because we don't think we'll get a straight answer." zzzing! :D

4. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Seems like they're taking this alliance stuff and helping each other too far.

5. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

Advertisements

I couldn't figure out why they were blurring out the chests of girls who were maybe 5, as well as butt cracks. It seemed like excessive blurring.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  6. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    jared might be watching... :eek:

7. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Wow, I didn't even consider what that quote might have meant. I read it at face value, where when someone talks in doubletalk the answer is not exactly what you expect. Is that a homophobic slur now? I always say (especially with politicians) that when they are asked a question and dance around the answer, that they don't give a straight answer.

Still having a hard time finding a team to "hate". I guess that's good, but there's nobody to root against. As with a lot of people who wind up losing....Read the f-ing clue!!

VegasVic likes this.
  8. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    oh, i didn't take it as a slur, i literally lol'd when i heard it, he probably had no clue how it could be taken - no harm, no foul. ;)

Steveknj likes this.
  9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    With all this talk about child sex trafficking and things like that, I think it was justified. But I wonder why they would do a challenge where they had to do all that blurring. My first thought was, the person who does the blurring sure had a lot of work this week!

10. PJO1966

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    The double meaning didn't occur to me at all.

11. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    In the end, did the teams *need* the bag if they did not select/get U-Turned into the cooking challenge? IOW, if the footballers, volleyballers or the "engineers" didn't have their bags would there have been a penalty? It also seemed like the roof challenge somehow took much longer than the cooking one, which surprised me.

I still don't get why Will and James U-Turned anyone, but particularly knowing that the team they nominated was very likely to survive the round.

stellie93 likes this.
  12. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I wondered too if they could just do the other challenge if they didn't have their bag. :confused:

13. PJO1966

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've been waiting to see them walking their dog so I can yell at them about that.

14. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, I absolutely think the bag was only necessary if you were u-turned. It appears that the absence of the bag forces a team to do the roofing challenge, so the producers gave everyone an “out” if they didn’t read their clue and left their bag a long boat ride away... Unless you got u-turned...

Will and James got a little salty when they observed the couple helping out another team at the truck challenge and noted that they weren’t helping them...and they are clearly helping others...so they need to go... That’s why they u-turned them...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  15. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I'm not convinced that if you forgot your bag you simply had to run the other leg of the race. That seems like a very strange way to run things. I agree that you only needed the bag for the cooking but in the past when teams have not followed directions, they've been forced to wait for a penalty period before they could finish the race.

16. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Ah...good point... The absence of the bag probably did not impact their ability to get to the mat...but once you got to the mat, I bet you are right... Probably either a waiting penalty, or instructions to go back and get the bag...