The Amazing Race S31 - Pre-game talk (yes there will be CASTING SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jlb, Jun 18, 2018.

1. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT

Advertisements

Hi all,

Created this thread to talk pre-game stuff for S31 (filming now). We started some S31 talk at the end of the last S30 thread so it was time to move things over.

For those who may not be aware, this season will be pit past TAR, Big Brother, and Survivor players.

Here's Phil's recent tweet:

The teams will be (thanks to realityboy for providing this info in the older S30 thread):

Big Brother
    Rachel (BB: 12 and 13, AR: 20 and 24) and Elissa (15)
    Nicole (16 and 18) and Victor (18)
    Janelle (6, 7, and 14) and Brittany (12 and 14)

Survivor

Chris and Brett (33)
    Eliza (9 and 16) and Corinne (17 and 26)
    Rupert (7, 8, 20, and 27) and Laura (27)

Amazing Race

Team Fun -- Becca and Floyd (29)
    Tyler and Korey (Internet -- 28)
    Team Border Patrol -- Art and JJ (20)
    Afghanimals -- Leo and Jamal (23 and 24)
    Colin and Christie (5)

2. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    [​IMG]

MY OX IS BROKEN!!!

It's been almost 15 years since Colin & Christie's first season (they were invited to participate in a previous All Star season, but she was pregnant at the time and they had to decline).

It will be interesting if the time has changed them or mellowed them out at all. The first time around, they were one of the young teams in their mid-20s. Now, they'll be one of the older teams.

lalouque likes this.
  3. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Yeah, it's that kind of stuff that makes a season like this work for me.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Meh. Not happy with the choices of BB players (well at least there's no Paul, which was rumored or Jesse, which was also rumored. I could do without seeing either of those guys). Could also do without Rachel, who's graced my TV screen WAY too many times (although I have to admit she was a bit better on TAR than on BB, but still, enough is enough). Problem is, I like the concept of TAR much more than I like any specific player, so I'm in. To me the players have always been secondary to the location and culture of the location they visit.

stellie93 and Mikeguy like this.
  5. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ

Advertisements

Not Ruppert again. :(

6. brianric

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Ugh Rachel.

jcondon likes this.
  7. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I'm excited to see how Survivor's Eliza and Corrine operate. Both extremely intelligent and fierce competitors, though they've rubbed folks the wrong way in the past. A studied contract to Team Fun's Becca and Floyd who are upbeat and extremely fit.

Any idea on when this season might air?

8. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    rumored air date that I've seen is "early 2019"

9. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    For me, Rachel has gone from annoying to actually fun to watch. When she puts her mind to really competing, and then that's combined with her personality, I find that entertaining.

10. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I am really looking forward to watching those two. As long as they operate as competitors to the race, and not try to be caricatures of themselves, they could do really well. However, if Corrine tries to flirt with too many of the men they meet along the way of the race, they will lose focus. And that's a real possibility for her IMHO.

11. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    It's not on the CBS Fall schedule, but Phil has apparently said that there will be 2 races next season again. If that's true, you'd have to think that they'll get this race on the air relatively early.

It will likely depend on how their new shows perform. Right now, "God Friended Me" is scheduled in the Sunday at 8 time slot. It doesn't look very good, based on the preview. If it bombs, that would open up (one of) TAR's old time slot.

Otherwise, if everything on CBS is a hit, it will probably debut early in the new year.

12. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    My thoughts exactly. I was bored by S30 and ended up not watching after a couple of eps. This gimmick with the returnees and who some of the various players are, is enough to keep me vested.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Excited for Chris and Brett (they are hilarious together), Eliza and Corinne (they will be an entertaining trainwreck) and Colin and Christie (I was so mad when they caught an earlier flight than anyone anticipated and then were forced to spend the night on the doorstep of the Great Pyramid all by themselves while everyone else caught up).

Haven't ever watched BB, so the only one of those I know is Rachel (ugh). I heard that Caleb (Beast Mode Cowboy) from BB and Survivor was in the running but got nixed because he blabbed too much about being on before CBS was ready to release anything.

14. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I believe you are correct!

15. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I hated him on BB, but liked him on Survivor. I was looking forward to him being on here. :(

16. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
  17. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    That site mentioned Ian Terry as a possibility. I'm bummed it seems like that didn't make the cut, he would have been fun to watch!

18. brianric

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I would have skipped this season if Paul was a contestant.

19. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Oh god you and me both!

20. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    It was almost Paul & Josh. That would’ve been the worst. The only highlight would’ve been Eliza, Corrine, Janelle, & Britney trashing them.