The Amazing Race - S28E03 - "Bros Being Jocks" 2/26/16 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Feb 27, 2016.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

Well, Team Mensa started significantly behind everyone else and looked like they had completely caught up, but then they pulled a major blunder. Darius is wandering around trying to find some specific designer/vendor, while Cameron watches every other team come and turn their bags in to the girl sitting next to him and get their clue. Why did he not say anything to Darius and tell him to at least try and get a clue from that same girl?

Huge blunder by Rachel not knowing how to count the money, and it would have cost them the game if Darius and Cameron hadn't screwed up worse. The other teams that did the bus challenge just seemed to be raking in the money and probably collected far more than they needed to by the time they finished.

It seemed like the two sides of the Detour were very unequal. The Tejo game seemed like it could be done in just a few minutes while the bus challenge seemed like it would take a minimum of 30 minutes, and then by the time you get enough money you've then got to find a cab to take you back to the starting point.

The teams that finished in 1st - 4th, (Brodie and Kurt, Tyler and Korey, Burnie and Ashley, Dana and Matt) seem like the strongest teams by far and barring some kind of crazy bad luck, I expect those will be the final four teams.

Seems like it got dark very quickly. Was there much (any) footage of the teams doing anything at dusk? It was almost like there were the racers that finished during the day and then a whole separate set of racers that finished at night. But the departing times from the previous pit stop didn't seem to warrant that big of a spread. I guess there hasn't really been a bunch up since halfway through Episode 1, so the slower teams are just getting further behind and the difference gets greater. Good thing they'll travel next episode and everyone will get back on an even playing field.

2. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    It was a Road Block. If he'd said anything to him, they'd have encountered a penalty at the Pit Stop.

deb

3. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    "Team Mensa" didn't seem all that motivated, last week or this week. Glad they're gone. Weak racers.

4. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    From the editing, it seems that they could've absorbed the penalty. But of course hindsight is 20/20.

5. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA

Advertisements

The right team went home. They were book smart, but that was it. They couldn't hack it in the race.

Blair is getting on my nerves with the yelling, and the whole besos for pesos was stupid. I won't be sad if she and her dad go home soon.

Dana, the dancer instructor, is a horrible person. I'm not sure what her fiance sees in her. Then again, maybe that's why they've been engaged for 3 years without setting a date.

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    She does become extremely immature as soon as she's faced with a tiny bit of stress. She goes into this pride bubble where she can't allow anyone else to help her or it will somehow reflect negatively on her. That's not a good quality to bring with you on the race.

7. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    :up:

8. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    DADDY! DADDY!

Yep, she seems pretty terrible at dealing with life. I'd just as soon see them be the next team to go.

9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    That throw the rock onto the gunpowder looked like fun. Reminds me of exploding caps with a hammer, one by one.. (OK, I see on Amazon you can still get paper caps, but the two I found easily had a lot of bad reviews..)

10. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I once hit a whole roll of caps with a hammer. :eek: Not a good idea!

11. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Oh yeah, this episode _should_ have been called whatever line that was said that was something like "But you're the CFO of the company".