The Amazing Race: OAD 10-24-2014: "Morocc'and Roll"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Oct 25, 2014.

1. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL

Advertisements

Wow, the bicycle girls (Kym & Alli, Kym & Alli, Kym & Alli - gotta remember names) showed that the last leg wasn't a fluke. I felt for Keith & Whitney, but they appeared to be well and truly doomed even before finding they were U-Turned.

I was hoping the dentists (Misti & Jim, Misti & Jim, Misti & Jim) would be forced to use their save, though. The more I think about that, the less I like it. Too powerful.

Still getting used to TAR being on Friday which means watching on Saturday. Good for viewing, bad for internet conversation.

2. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH! I can't BELIEVE that NO ONE U-Turned the dentists!!!!!

3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i know, but most everyone ahead of the dentists knew they were near last. why antagonize them, or force them to use the save, unless it's needed to save yourself?

u-turning another team can bite you later on, it puts a target on your back, even if it's an empty excuse used against you. i'm predicting that's what will happen to shelley & nici.

4. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Just to get them to use their save...I would think that would be worth it...that's just my opinion...they are a strong team and I would think they would be the first one to be U-Turned...

5. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ

Advertisements

The U-turn was used for personal petty reasons rather than strategic reasons. Not a big shock there though.
    That save needs to be flushed out. If you used the U-turn on the dentists, every other team would be understanding and have your back. It benefits everyone for that save to be used earlier rather than later.

6. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    oh, most definately, but not by your own hands - talk other teams into doing it for you, the only safe way.
    up until they weren't understanding and they didn't have your back (about 30 seconds for some).

7. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Everyone seems to hate the dentists so who cares if you antagonize them? What are they going to do to retaliate? It's not like Big Brother or Survivor. You want to force the Save out of their hands, the same way you try to force an idol on Survivor.

8. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i agree the dentists are disliked, and i know what i'm saying doesn't make sense, but it happens - when you u-turn a team, even an unpopular team, it can come back to haunt you later on.

it's always safer to get someone else to do your dirty work.

9. Durfman

Durfman Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Lawrencevill...
    I don't really like the Save pass. If they're going to do it, then it should be like the Survivor immunity idol. You have to hand it over before you know if it's a non elimination leg.

And I'm not completely convinced the non elimination legs aren't decided by the producers on the spot, based on who comes in last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I don't know that the dentists are that big a threat. Twice now they have gotten stuck on a challenge because they didn't READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. You'd think after she messed up the sandwich order thing by not giving the number first, this time they would immediately reread the instructions when they were failing. And he was in on it too this time. Notice he tried to put the blame on her since she was the one using 2 hands, but he was right there too. :(

11. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    But they have the save pass and that gives them an advantange that none of the other teams have.

12. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I think the dentists are a good team and I'd like to see them at the end, but I'd so much rather they got there without using that Save. There are several competent teams this season. Could be a killer Final 3 episode with the right teams.

13. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    many are concerned about the save, but i just don't think it's a big deal.

there will be at least one more non-elim before final 3, so that gives them limited opportunities to use the save between now and the 9th leg...i don't think they'll need it.

14. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    I don't get all the hate for the dentists. (Although I do admit that his tan, teeth and eyes are a bit of a distraction.) They do seem to be a bit arrogant, but they've been helpful to other teams, and haven't done anything, that I remember, to warrant people wanting them OUT all the time. What have I missed?

15. kettledrum

kettledrum Active Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN
    For me it's the arrogance, although they could be much much worse. I like to see arrogant people get their comeuppance. Perhaps there's not anyone worse to root against?

16. gschrock

gschrock Active Member

Dec 27, 2001
    holt, mi
    I don't really hate the dentists, but I think the other teams were idiots for not at least attempting to make them use it. If confronted, all you really have to do is say "look, you had a save, and I think that's way too powerful for you to keep it, so I was trying to flush it out, knowing you wouldn't be eliminated even if you came in last". Sure, someone could still get pissed at that, but it's a pretty reasonable explanation - especially since you know that even if they come in last, they're not gone.

That said, I also think the dentists were idiots for actually *telling* people they still had the save. "Nope, we had to use it to survive." Yeah, people would have seen the speed bump, but I'm betting most wouldn't connect that with the save not being utilized in the heat of the moment.

17. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Don't you remember the vitriol and anger for the afghanimals when it came out they were lying?

There is something to be said for playing the game honestly.

18. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I think they should have u turned the dentists too.. For some reason everyone was afraid that they'd come back to get them in the future. But it's just like flushing out an idol on Survivor..

19. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Well the logic is I will only U-Turn a Team that most likely will go home due to a result of said U-Turn. That way they can't and won't be able to retaliate on the next U-Turn. So I bet most teams felt if they U-Turned the Dentist they knew they would not go home (due to the save) and if the Dentist were still around in a few legs The Dentist would U-Turn that team. Yes this is a very short sided game of almost surviving week to week as a number of things have to happen for that outcome to come true. Both teams still have to be around by the next U-Turn for starters and then the Dentist have to be in front of you on that leg.

20. borderline

borderline Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Can't you only use the U-turn once per race also? So to use it now would mean you couldn't use it later when you might need it to save yourself from elimination.