The Amazing Race - "I Got The Smartest Dude" OAD 02-27-2015

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Feb 27, 2015.

1. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL

Advertisements

Really? You missed the train? Because you were taking selfies and hamming it up for the camera?

[​IMG]
    You deserve to go home.

I liked those two, but I'm glad the docs survived for another episode.

I'm not crazy about Phil hitting each blind date couple up for romance rumors at the pit stops. Let's not make this into "Married At First Sight".

2. etexlady

etexlady Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2002
    East Texas
    I think the "blind date" is an interesting twist. I was surprised that some of them did so well. The Dr. gave his overly talkative partner several sidelong looks...you could almost see his eyes rolling.

3. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I burst out laughing when their train took off while they were standing there taking a picture of it. Freakin' hilarious. I wonder how far behind the doctor/nurse team they finished and if catching that train would have made the difference.

That ice skating challenge looked hard. If the Olympic speed skater and bobsled pusher only did it in 3:31, I'm actually really surprised that the other teams were able to beat 3:55.

Laura looks a little bit like Amy Adams. I think I'm in love.

4. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I was glad to see Team Truck Stop pack it in and switch tasks... there was no way that guy was going to get around the rink fast enough.

5. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA

Advertisements

It will be hard to beat that for best scene of this season, to be sure :D.

To be fair, they did it in 3:31 on their first try. They probably could have been a lot faster once they had a chance to figure out how it worked and get themselves sorted out.

ETA: I really wonder where they got 3:55 from as the time limit. Why not 4 minutes? They must have done some kind of test or calculation... still odd.

These two are the worst at picking challenges (I know, only 2 in but...) In both cases it seemed clear that the other challenge would have been a much better fit for them. Hope (for their sake) this doesn't continue to happen.

I saw a preview or something for this episode that made a big deal of some kind of injury... did anyone else see that? What were they talking about? The waitress's wrist thing? That didn't seem like much in the end. During the skating every time someone went down I was holding my breath to see if they were hurt.

6. Zephyr

Zephyr Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Lame group. Lame tasks. This program has evolved into some kind of theme show. Where are the extreme physical tasks, mental challenges, and etc? I thin this group can't be subjected to the historical level of challenges. I'm wondering why do I watch this show?

7. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    WTF? You don't think the chair task was an extreme physical task? Most of the teams were barely able to make it in the time allowed. It certainly required more exertion than running a race with a frying pan and a pancake.

I tripped and got a soft-tissue injury that was much less severe than her wrist injury, and eventually had to go get a wrist brace for it. It took weeks to heal, and got worse because I didn't get it taken care of immediately after it happened. This could come back to bite that team later on in the race.

I also was wondering if the guy in Team truck stop had gotten a groin pull during one of his falls. :(

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I was surprised how many of the M/F teams had their male partner do the puzzle box roadblock. That seems like the perfect non-physical activity for some of the teams to have their females do, with the assumption that there will be roadblocks later in the race that will require much more physical strength.

9. Mar 1, 2015 #9 of 24
    realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I noticed that as well. It looked like the blind date teams were more likely to let the guy take charge even though that may not help down the road, but the dating couples understood that this was a mental challenge and more physical stuff may be upcoming. Not counting the same-sex couples, 3/4 Blind Date teams chose the guy. 3/4 Dating teams chose the girl.

10. tigercat74

tigercat74 Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Aug 7, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Don't they have to choose who will do the roadblock before they know what it is?

11. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    What was up with the overnight accommodations in what appeared to be an office?

12. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    They do, but the clues generally make it pretty obvious.

13. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
    The puzzle boxes look cool. It looked like they got to keep them too, that would be great!

I noticed that they are giving away trips to places they just competed in. I think this is also great. I know in the past, they'd go through Japan and win a trip to Germany.

So far, I like everyone. It was funny to see the train pull away as the couple took selfies. The woman really seems to want to marry the guy and the guy is putting it off. Guess he's scared of marriage.

14. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    FYP. Glad they survived too. I don't think he's into her at all though.

15. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I think she is taking the "blind date" too literally and is hoping to build a relationship. The top "blind date" teams were pretty clear, they aren't necessarily looking for love, just be able to work together as a team and win a million dollars.

16. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    The right team certainly went home. They seemed to not give a crap. Good riddance.

17. nyc13

nyc13 New Member

May 31, 2013
    I was so wishing for another Japanese gameshow appearance.

18. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't know. The Vegas showgirl seems to be looking for a relationship and her team has been doing pretty well.

You're spot on about the lawyers.

19. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I'm not sure I would go that far. They just seemed to be enjoying the journey.

They made a mistake, they owned it, and didn't spend the entire episode complaining, blaming each other or crying about it.

20. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Yes! On both counts!! :)

It's turning out to be a more enjoyable season than I thought it would. Early favorites are fading fast (Kurt and Bergen) and others (Laura and Tyler, Jeff and Jackie, and Jelani and Jenny) are better than I thought they would be.

If a roller-derby girl calls for a medic right away, I have to believe it was incredibly painful or seemed really "off." From what I understand most roller derby events are quite physical and the skaters are typically bruised, etc. every time they go out.

tta