The Amazing Race "Don't Lay Down On Me Now (Indonesia) OAD 10/9/11 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Regina, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Not too sad to see the showgirls gone...:rolleyes:

My program guide info said that one team got stranded due to a medical emergency...but that didn't happen..but I kept thinking it was going to be "Ma & Pa" because poor "Ma" kept falling in the rice paddies :eek: Poor dear!

I was impressed with Marcus and Amani-they kept to it, they didn't give up, and they didn't curse-:p

The brother and sister (sorry, bad with names-I just know Marcus because he was with the Colts and I am from Indy) were less annoying this week...

Man, if the snowboarders hadn't given Marcus and Amani the answer I think that most of the teams would STILL be there trying to figure out how to count the buddhas! :D;)

2. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    It still amazes me that the snowboarders are doing so well! They also seem like good people! They really thought the team with the 15-minute penalty deserved the win and knew that they only completed the Buddha challenge because of their help.

They (the snowboarders) are the team I am rooting for. Oh, and Marcus (Go Colts!) & his wife, although they seem to be struggling! Maybe Marcus would do better if Peyton Manning was healthy enough to do the race!

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    That Buddha challenge was brutal. However, watching all the players do face plants in the rice paddies was funny. I too was waiting for the medical emergency mentioned in the guide data.

There really aren't any truly unlikable teams this year. I think the closest would be the brother/sister, because of their bickering.

4. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    The snowboarders didn't fall did they? Of course they are good on their feet and can maintain their balance snowboarding. The others were cracking me up though!

5. kingflynn

kingflynn New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Snowboarders coming in first: "We don't deserve this. We wouldn't have gotten it without father and sons help."

Phil: "Well you can gift them the prize."

Snowboarders: " Yeah... No thanks."

6. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I was surprised that Marcus and his wife switched tasks rather than go back for more grass.

And having read the program guide info talk about a medical emergency I was sure someone was going to have a heatstroke at the temple.

7. Cragmyre

Cragmyre Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Actually they told Phil that then they would have to face their wives without the prize :)

8. jrponalameda

jrponalameda New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Minnesota
    Yes, that was a weird deal about the medical emergency in the episode description... we kept waiting for it. I don't really like it when one team actually gives answers to another... although at least in this challenge it wasn't an easy answer to pass on, like some of those in earlier races.

9. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I miss the Elimination Station videos. :(

10. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Happy to see that Team NFL didn't get eliminated. I really want to see how well Marcus does in the physical challenges. He seemed out of shape at the temple, though.

I was kind of confused as to why they even had the bicycle task. Basically, it was ride from here to there on a bike with these other guys. The only thing I got out of it was the history and seeing the side streets and back alleys. As for it being a team challenge, it was more of a team scenic tour.

I wonder what the Indonesian greeter woman at the end was thinking of the showgirls. She seemed touched by the humanity of their situation.

Those sheep looked pretty scrawny. And yes, Team NFL should have stuck with the feed the sheep task instead of switching.

11. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Totally agree. Said the same thing to my SO while we were watching it.

12. Cragmyre

Cragmyre Member

Mar 8, 2004
    I did like that the snowboarders got a round of applause by the local bike riders :)

13. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I'm a little annoyed at the staging of some of the tasks this season. First, the "give up your money" sign at the orphanage. Any task where you can receive the clue without completing the task is ridiculous. I would have argued that one... to get the next clue, I have to complete the task... I did what the previous clue said and I was given the clue at the orphanage: therefore, I completed the task.

Now, the Buddha statue clue. I don't think we saw the actual clue text, but from listening to all of the teams, there was nothing in it that said you had to demonstrate the Buddha hand positions. Just give a count of them. So if you said 17-17-17-18, that should be enough. If you had to infer that the hand positions are enough, then where do you draw the line? Do you have to sit on the ground and imitate a statue to fulfill the task, or can you stand and do it?

Meh... tell them what they need to do and make the task a bit harder.

14. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I was thinking the same thing...until the one team's bike broke and teams ended up passing them. I also wonder, if one team wasn't strong on the bike, if that slowness would cause the rest of the pack to slow down thus causing other teams to pass them. So yes, when you think about it, it COULD have had an effect on the game.

I also wondered what would have happened if one team had a member who couldn't ride a bike. My two sons to this day have never learned how to ride one, as they had no real interest. That could have been something too.

15. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Yeah, they said they had to face their wives. Also, they did warn the father and son as they were breaking the rule at the well. They said "Check your clue guys". They showed it when it happened and then later when the penalty was given.

I cracked up at Marcus and his wife, cursing themselves for not listening closer to what the snowboarders told them. Hard to know with the editing but they may have been saved by dismissing their crappy cab driver before the challenge.

16. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    That's always something that got me curious. When they win these trips for two, does that mean the trip is only for 2 people? So if the snowboarders won, does that mean they go to that romantic sandy beach together? Not a big deal for husband and wife, but for two hetero buddies?

17. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    My understanding is they each win a trip for two.

18. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    Beaches are only for couples?

19. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    So if it's a romantic couple they get two identical trips?

20. plateau10

plateau10 New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    I was reminded of recent arguments on this forum when snowboarders realized they didn't have enough grass :D