The Amazing Race 4/24/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by IJustLikeTivo, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Apr 24, 2011 #1 of 123
    IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    They really need to change the rules. NO help on roadblocks.

And no more lame speed bumps.

Sorry to see the Cowboys go. Still the nicest team ever. Don't see why the trotters U-turned them.

And, at least 3 of the team should have had to do the roadblock twice. That would have put them behind the cowboys. They all claim to be nice, but that was a pretty crappy way to play.

The trotters looks pretty nasty next week.

2. Apr 24, 2011 #2 of 123
    ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Vyxsin carting Kent around at the end was pathetic.

I can't blame the Globe Trotters for U-turning the Cowboys because it seemed like the smartest thing to do in their position. I did like the castoff the Cowboys got by playing the full version of their theme.

3. Apr 24, 2011 #3 of 123
    punky1337

punky1337 New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    I couldnt agree more. Really the Globetrotters doomed the cowboys at the bike challenge by telling 3 teams the answer. I wish they would enact a rule where you get a 1 hour penalty if you tell another team the answer.

4. Apr 24, 2011 #4 of 123
    sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Sooooooo this. I've always hated that when it happens...and especially tonight when my favorite team got voted off. Now I'm rooting for Zev and Justin.

5. Apr 24, 2011 #5 of 123
    IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Ooh. I like that.

Me too. They're right behind the cowboys for me. After today the trotters are on my bad list. To be honest, the rest played a decent game but I don't actually like them much.

6. Apr 24, 2011 #6 of 123
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    You can be mad at the Trotters for giving out the correct roadblock answer but Justin did the same thing with LaKisha. She had lost her map. Maybe should would have found it but if not they were out for sure.

I agree, no one should be able to give the answers like that.

7. Apr 24, 2011 #7 of 123
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    :confused:

Did I miss something along the way? Justin confirmed for Kisha that she had the right answer, then he told Flight Time the answer while they were waiting for the bus. Flight Time then told Gary the answer.

How are the Globetrotters responsible for telling 3 teams? If people are going to be upset with teams for giving out the answer, by my count Justin gave the answer out twice as much as Flight Time.

8. Apr 24, 2011 #8 of 123
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Maybe I missed something, I thought she overheard Justin telling the guy 22 and then confirmed with him that 22 was the number. I didn't think she had it herself. She lost her map and got lucky and followed him so maybe she had the number but I thought Justin said 22 out loud as well as writing it down and she heard him say it. I'll have to rewatch that part.

9. Apr 24, 2011 #9 of 123
    Inundated

Inundated Face For Radio TCF Club

Sep 9, 2003
    Northeast Ohio
    You could almost blame the production staff for that roadblock giveaway, though I'm not sure they care.

They could have ensured that the racers/teams that were ready to move on were away from the roadway, so the later racers couldn't run into them and ask "how long was it?".

I don't know what the logistics would be, though, or if there would be any way to get them to the bus stop without going back on that highway.

The show included the "you have to go all the way back if you get the wrong distance" part for a reason, and a group of teams apparently happy to tell Anyone But The Cowboys shot it down.

I don't blame the Trotters for U-turning the Cowboys. Long time readers of TAR threads here know I generally don't like the U-turn, single or double, but it was at least potentially to their advantage to use it. I'm not sure the Trotters knew how far back the Cowboys were, and everyone knows that team can make up time...

Zev and Justin are starting to nudge their way into my favorites list. Nice leg for them.

10. Apr 24, 2011 #10 of 123
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I wasn't clear on whether she knew the answer and was just confirming it or if she overheard him and then asked him for confirmation, but either way... Justin was responsible for 1-2 answers being given out, and Flight Time for 1.

I agree that it's stupid for them to be giving out the answers like that... it drove me nuts during that leg where they had to translate the nautical flags. This is a race for a million dollars! But the Globetrotters didn't give the answer out to 3 teams.

11. Apr 25, 2011 #11 of 123
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    My issue was with the placement of the U-turn station. If the producers put the U-turn right at the end of the leg, right before the pit stop, it basically ensures that the u-turned team goes home. It totally ruins the enjoyment of seeing if someone can overcome it when it's placed at the end where it can't be overcome.

Sad to see the Cowboys go, but they were probably gone whether they got u-turned or not.

12. Apr 25, 2011 #12 of 123
    Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    Had both U-Turns been used, it could have been a race to see who could finish first.

13. Apr 25, 2011 #13 of 123
    IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    This was a done deal once the other five teams decided to gang up and eliminate the cowboys.

I did love seeing Zermatt. I haven't been ther in a long time. BTW, ALL taxis are electric. No cars allowed here at all.

14. Apr 25, 2011 #14 of 123
    jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Beautiful scenery all around. I'm itching to get back to Europe again. :)

But not eatin' fondue when I get there. :eek:

Total agreement on the cheating. This season has seen a lot of it and it really cheapens the game.

15. Apr 25, 2011 #15 of 123
    caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    The 'cheating' word gets overused a lot (along with 'stealing'). Clearly there was no penalty so what the players did was within the bounds of the game and therefore, not cheating. We may not like it but it's completely fair, just like a lot of people don't like the U-Turns but they're part of the game.

16. Apr 25, 2011 #16 of 123
    jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    You're right. It sure feels like cheating, but it's not technically cheating.

17. Apr 25, 2011 #17 of 123
    sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    This was how I remember it. She had NO idea but heard him say it.

18. Apr 25, 2011 #18 of 123
    SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    I think the other teams did the right thing by conspiring against the cowboys.

And Vyxsin pulling Kent in that cart was the funniest thing I've seen on TAR this year. :)

19. Apr 25, 2011 #19 of 123
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana

20. Apr 25, 2011 #20 of 123
    IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I have no issue with the teams individually working against any team they want. I have a serious issue with collusion like this week. Only one team actually knew the distance. The others have all been lost several times. Only Zev and Justin would have gotten it themselves. This year the cheating ( yes, cheating ) has been so blatant that I expect there will be a rule next year. I have no problem with the team solving the problems together or even dividing a task. But doing it twice and then giving the answer just seems wrong.

I do a lot of volksmarching where you have to follow a given course. Along the way, there are different shaped hole punches. To get credit, you have to have all the right holes. That would force each team to complete some of these tasks instead of just jumping to the end and asking for help.

I think it will be next year.