The Amazing Race 29

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by robojerk, Mar 21, 2017.

1. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA

Advertisements

The Amazing Race comes back March 30th. The season pass is "The Amazing Race 29" so create a new season pass.

TiVo'Brien, dre_dbldbl and ARM07470 like this.
  2. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Thanks for the info. Getting irate at Tivo with their constant renaming of shows that you can't set and keep a One Pass.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
  4. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I see they're setting up as much drama as they can by pairing people up at the start line. As they have no idea of who they're going to be racing with, they also have to find out each other's strengths and weaknesses.

In a race around the world for a million dollars, no pressure there!!! :eek:

5. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD

Advertisements

Interesting twist. Looking forward to it.

6. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Thanks for the heads up. I enjoy the Amazing Race. I can't believe it was not part of the fall schedule.

7. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
    the twist might get me watching again

8. TonyTheTiger

Dec 22, 2006
    We enjoy this show. It SEEMS to be one of the less scripted reality shows. Yes, I know they manufacture some drama and edit so races are closer than they appear, but I can deal with that.

One of the main reasons I watch is for the destinations. If I can't travel myself, it's nice to see the places they go - and not just the touristy features!

kettledrum and osu1991 like this.
  9. kettledrum

kettledrum Active Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN
    So much this.

Steveknj likes this.
  10. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I thought they did this twist once before. I may be confusing it with a similar show.

11. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I think they've done this with one team before, because one of the members got hurt right before the show started and they subbed in someone else. But not for all the teams.

Mikeguy likes this.
  12. TonyTheTiger

Dec 22, 2006
    Actually, they did blind dates, but it wasn't ALL the teams. IIRC, it was like half of them, a couple seasons ago.

13. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I know this is a first world problem of the highest order, but I liked having the show on Friday night-of course, I can DVR it and watch it on Friday night, (or any night) but Thursday is already pretty crowded with good shows.
    I am worried that the show will get creamed in the ratings!
    Oh, well-lots of fit, young people in the cast-we'll see how everyone gets along!

VegasVic likes this.
  14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Correct. But IIRC, all the teams that season were romantic couples of some sort, some who had known each other for a while and some who were paired up at the starting line. But it was all focused on relationships and finding love and Phil would often ask the teams when they reached the mat whether there were any sparks, etc.

In this season, I don't think the pairs are intended to be romantically compatible at all. I think it's just two people, probably paired for maximum drama.

Mikeguy likes this.
  15. TonyTheTiger

Dec 22, 2006
    Right. They even sent some of the couples on 'dates' on downtime.

16. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    Same here. The season with the youtube people turned me off and I haven't been back since. This used to be one of my favorite and must watch shows on tv.

17. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yes, this was the one I'm thinking of. This has always been my favorite competition reality show. Love to "visit" the places with them, places I probably will not get to in my lifetime.

18. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I find every one of these shows has a bad season or a reason I might not watch, but that doesn't mean the next season won't be good. I'm an avid Big Brother fan, but the second Rachel season I stopped watching after an episode or two because I couldn't handle another season of her constant whining. I'm skipping this season Survivor because I am not a fan of All-Stars and we are getting "Jeff's Friends" again. Same old people with a few second timers sprinkled in. No thank you. But I'll be back for the next season with all new players (or at least SOME new players). So give this new season of TAR a whirl, and don't let one bad season turn you off.

19. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    You should really give this season of Survivor a chance. It's been great so far. Last night's episode had something that's never happened before. So crazy!

20. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I have them recorded and saved, so maybe I still will. I'm just sick of the seeing "Jeff's Friends" over and over. For me part of the fun is watching the new players adopting to the game. I've yet to find an All-Stars season that was any good, except maybe the first where the concept was new. I might have watched if Ozzie and Sandra were not on. I never go the fascination with Ozzie. I get he's a good looking guy and maybe that's the draw, but I don't find him a very compelling player and he's gotten too many chances already.