The Amazing Race 12 is coming- Nov 4

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by BadlyDrawnBoy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. BadlyDrawnBoy

BadlyDrawnBoy Member

Dec 24, 2001
    San Francsico

Advertisements

CBS PULLS THE TRIGGER: 'AMAZING RACE' IN, 'VIVA' OUT
    By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- "Viva Laughlin's" luck has run out while "The Amazing Race" is getting an early return date.

The 12th season of the Emmy-award winning reality series is set to roll out on Sunday, November 4 at 8:00/7:00c. A repeat of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will fill said hour on October 28, sending "Viva" home after just two episodes.

"Viva's" 1.2 adults 18-49 rating last night marked the worst first-run series performance on the network since "Armed & Famous's" final broadcast on 1/24/07 (1.4 rating).

It's not clear how many "Viva" installments will remain on the shelf.

Hugh Jackman, John Palermo, Bob Lowry, Paul Telegdy and Peter Bowker were the executive producers of the series, which came from Bob Lowry Productions, BBC Worldwide Productions and Seed Productions in association with CBS Paramount Network Television and Sony Pictures Television.

2. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    AWESOME (though not really unexpected, because VL sucks) news!

3. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Wow I'm glad to see Amazing Race coming back so soon. Hopefully they will start promoting the return ASAP though so people don't miss it! And we'll have to deal with runovers from football again.

4. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    As much as I love Amazing Race, knowing that the show will shift around because football scheduling is enough to keep me from watching any more. Sunday nites on CBS are DEAD TO ME. DEAD I SAY.

I refuse to bend my TV watching to a network that is too stupid to be as smart as their football showing competitors are in airing a wrap up show or otherwise running filler in that 7pm - 8pm slot so that the rest of the nite isn't affected by over-runs.

So, sorry Phil and company, but you've lost at least one viewer you could have had thanks to your network's stupdity.

5. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...

Advertisements

As long as nothing else I watch is on Sunday evening, I'll be fine. My other show is Dexter. Tgings might change when BSG and Lost return.

6. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Count me as one glad to see this! I just pad TAR an hour and watch it the next day. Works like a charm.

7. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    What are these over-runs of which you speak? Is that something peculiar to you early-bedtimers in the Eastern Half?

8. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Well I'm just going to record CBS from 8pm to midnight every Sunday night. That should get me both "Amazing Race" and "Shark." Luckily I have nothing else on Sunday evenings to care about recording. ;)

9. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    It isnt that hard to pad a recording.

10. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    Yay TAR!

11. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    As for a comment about tar itself, I really hope they found some compelling teams. I know I can go to CBS.com and read about them, but that doesn't really give me the important details.

12. grecorj

grecorj Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2002
    CT

CBS is offering Eye-lert; they send you an email/text message if programs are going to start late; not much use if you're away from home I suppose, but it takes the guesswork out if you are at home.

13. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    /shakes fist with anger

why you darn west coasters...making us go to bed at midnight on a weekday just so you don't interrupt your surfing time for Sunday & Monday night football...

14. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I will watch TAR no matter what. If it runs long and I don't get it, I will torrent it. I don't feel bad for doing that when the network makes my recording cut off in the middle.

15. Chippy

Chippy Member

Sep 30, 2002
    This is what the exec producer had to say about this season in a different interview: "If there ever was a season that I consider one of the best, it's this one," says Bertram van Munster, series executive producer, director and co-creator. "It's insanely funny, fast-paced and dramatic all at once. Teams are in hot pursuit of one another at every location and its reality television at its nail-biting best."

If he's right (and I'm hoping he is), sounds like it's going to be an awesome season.

16. terpfan1980

Jan 28, 2002
    It isn't that hard for CBS to blow off 60 minutes or move it to 8PM for football season and pad their own 7pm - 8pm with either live news or football news, or whatever.

I shouldn't have to waste 2 hours of DVR time just to record one hour (actually about 38 minutes, with the rest commercials) of reality TV programming on a network that disrespects it's viewers by moving their programming around by 27 minutes one nite, 16 mintues another, 38 on a different, or whatever the amount of time required is every other weekend (yes, on the east coast for those lucky bastages living on the left coast).

I enjoy The Amazing Race, but I'd just as soon watch a movie on MGMHD or some other channel than waste my time recording shows I'm not going to watch so I can fast forward through padding at the beginning of the program I really wanted to see and then finally get to watch whatever it is that I wanted to see.

17. terpfan1980

Jan 28, 2002
    Wow, how generous of CBS to do that when they just as easily could move 60 minutes to 8pm for east coast (and west coast, 7pm for central time zone) and then run two programs for the nite in the following two hours.

The could run live news in the filler time, pad with best of 60 minutes segments, revisit old 60 minutes stories and bring viewers up to date on past stories, or anything similar.

Hell, I'd be happy if they ran 60 minutes 'in it's entireity' after the games and then padded out 60 minutes with some odd amount of Andy Rooney or anything else to fill in the time so that the remaining shows for the night start at the intended time of ON THE HOUR rather than some screwed up time that I have to run to the DVR to start recording live, or again, have to waste padding time for.

18. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Hd? :D

19. ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa

It would be nice but I doubt it.

20. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer